Dog Sledding

loanin

and the cheapest of the cheap ride, about $10, is available most day from the Wasilla Sled dog Headquarter Museum with Reddington dogs. There are many opportunites interior Alaska, as a lot of private kennel owners will use visitors to suppliment their expenses. There is a free sled dog demo and kennel visit available at Denali park.

We are taking a day and a half in the Mat Su Valley to go fishing. Seriously thinking about going to the Iditarod museum and maybe one of the kennels. Recommendations?

Haven't been yet, but we're renting a car in early June when our ship (HAL Amsterdam) sails up Cook Inlet to the city of Anchorage - first time in many, many moons, I'm told! Most folks who rent cars seem to be heading south, but we've decided to go north. Our plans are to go to Iditarod Headquarters, and then on to Martin Buser's dog camp which is in t hat area, then maybe stopping at Knik Glacier, and just touring around on our own. Google Martin's kennel and check out his website. Very interested in visiting there!

• 2 months later...
then maybe stopping at Knik Glacier, !

I know this is an old post, but I missed it back in March--anyway, you probably know by now, but Knik Glacier is not a "stop by", but a tour only. Matanuska Glacier can be a "stop by".

Originally Posted by middle-aged mom viewpost.gif

Cons - as noted above, it's very expensive. If weather is bad or visibility is poor (think fog), this excursion gets cancelled or modified.

Not sure what your "modified" reference is, but either these tours run or they don't. There is nothing to modify

Here's how my contract reads: "If the dog sled tour is canceled, your party will automatically be switched to the regular helicopter tour 'Icefield Excursion.'"

That sounds like a modification to me. Apparently, there is something to modify!!

Archived