Lanai Rooms Amsterdam?

HAPPY RETIREES

We are booked for the World cruise 2011 on the Amsterdam. We see now that it is going in for constuction 2 weeks prior to the world cruise. Does anyone know if this is to add Lanai rooms, as the introduction of them does not seem to be too popular, Also after reading about the fiasco with the Rotterdam Dec/2009 refit, we are starting to get apprehensive. Where can you find out officialy about items such as this?.

We are booked for the World cruise 2011 on the Amsterdam. We see now that it is going in for constuction 2 weeks prior to the world cruise. Does anyone know if this is to add Lanai rooms, as the introduction of them does not seem to be too popular, Also after reading about the fiasco with the Rotterdam Dec/2009 refit, we are starting to get apprehensive. Where can you find out officialy about items such as this?.

No Lanai cabins on Amsterdam (for now). She was never included in the five ships (Statendam/Maasdam/Ryndam/Veendam + Rotterdam) that did get/were/are supposed to get those cabins

Routine maintenance/dry-dock

That is probably just going to be a nominal Dry Dock, not a major refit, like the installation of the Lanai cabins would entail.

As far as I can find -- and I've just re-checked HAL's Press Releases -- the Lanai Staterooms are only slated for installation on the 3 as-of-yet unconverted S-class ships, with only the Veendam and the Rotterdam currently having them. This doesn't mean that that won't change, just that as of right now HAL has not let us know if they plan on converting some of the C-category outside cabins on the Lower Promenade Deck into Lanai cabins.

The Amsterdam is an incredible ship and you will enjoy your World Cruise on her. We did one [ 2007] and have done 3 other "Grand" cruises in her. Ship's maintainance and the whole crew are wonderful; we've spent 10 months on THAT ship and will spend 2 more months this fall! Its LIKE "going HOME"

Anne

I second what Anne said.....they are WAAAAAY ahead of me in days on the Amsterdam....but I will have 102 after going to Alaska this summer and 172 after my next Grand Voyage. I obviously love this ship.....and you will too!

Hey, Lady - we'll miss you THIS fall!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!! A

Archived