Playa Mia Beach!!

cece45

I went there a few years ago and it was an okay beach. It can be very crowded (the chairs on the beach, which have no legs so are very low on the ground, are placed very close together) and sometimes loud (when a party boat comes to the beach the boat blasts music). I didn't go in the water, but don't recall ppl needing water shoes to do so, so it must have been sandy, not all coral.

I didn't go to the shops there (I shopped back at the cruise center - this was on Royal Caribbean, not sure if Carnival goes to the same place or not), but I wouldn't recommend the buffet you can buy into as there were bugs flying around it, landing in it, etc. since it is open-air with just a high roof over it. Pretty nasty.

The sun was very hot (this was in February), so make SURE you bring the sunblock!! I got a very bad, painful, chill-inducing sunburn there. Apply and reapply! There are umbrellas available for rent, as well.

Oh - and the henna tattoo place doesn't use pure henna, it uses the one with the chemical dye in it that can cause a severe, life-lasting reaction in some ppl, so be cautious! (I wouldn't do it. Stick with pure henna.)

Im thinking about going to Playa Mia Beach in cozumel. I was wondering has anyone been there? how is it? Is the water sandy or corally? and how is the shopping?

thanks in advance!

You will probably find much more info on the Ports Of Call section on the boards.:)

We were there a few years ago and had a very nice time at the beach.

Since than we went to a few other beaches that were much less crowded .

Go to the port of call pages for more info and besides the post will be there soon anyway.

Since this thread was moved to the Cozumel section, I'm sure you'll get more responses to your questions.

Playa Mia is large, had lots of activities, and many cruise lines send excursions there. It can be crowded. Be careful when you choose food from the buffet. The beach is sand, but it might be a little coarse when you first enter the water. People don't go there to go shopping. There is plenty of "duty free" shopping at the pier.

IMO, I think there are better places to go, but that's just me. I don't need all inclusive.

I was there in 2007. The water is brown not blue. But, there were fun water sports: Jet ski, and banana boat. The food was ok: Chips and dip

You were there one day. The water is not the same every day. In fact, the water is nearly always blue.

I went there a few years ago and it was an okay beach. It can be very crowded (the chairs on the beach, which have no legs so are very low on the ground, are placed very close together) and sometimes loud (when a party boat comes to the beach the boat blasts music). I didn't go in the water, but don't recall ppl needing water shoes to do so, so it must have been sandy, not all coral.
I believe they have gotten ride of the plastic torture devices they called loungers.

The sun was very hot (this was in February), so make SURE you bring the sunblock!! I got a very bad, painful, chill-inducing sunburn there. Apply and reapply! There are umbrellas available for rent, as well.

Oh - and the henna tattoo place doesn't use pure henna, it uses the one with the chemical dye in it that can cause a severe, life-lasting reaction in some ppl, so be cautious! (I wouldn't do it. Stick with pure henna.)

Sunscreen is excellent advise any time of the year in Cozumel.

I have been there in 2007. The water is brown not blue. But, there were fun water sports: Jet ski, and banana boat. The food was ok: Chips and dip

When I was there the water was a gorgeous color. See the attached files. The big white thing is the "iceberg" you can climb on and I think slide off of and stuff. I heard it was pretty hard to do that, though.

The buffet is way more than chips and dip, but it also didn't look very appetizing, especially with all the bugs flying around and landing in it. The unlimited drinks thing is nice, though, 'cause that includes bottled water (although when I was there, their "bottles" were small plastic cups with foil tops on them, kind of like Jell-O Pudding snack cups).

CozumelOcean.jpg.5f5792ee11d01922f026fa2489570916.jpg

CozumelOcean9.jpg.053161210f1f376063bac03af3c56d49.jpg

CozumelWatertoys.jpg.be27344f6524dcbcadb755e6807e434c.jpg

Archived