Need Help! stuck with cabin3000 SOS, at the very front, port side...

liza03

My sister booked our vacation through a Travel Agency and they only guaranteed category H / Deck 3 on the Serenade of the Seas. I just found out that they assigned me the VERY FIRST CABIN on Deck 3 (#3000) at the very front of the ship, left side and I am PANICKING!!! Please let me now your opinions and/or experiences at similar cabins because I don't think that I can make any changes... Thanks:confused:

I'm not sure what the concern is. I can only guess from your post that you are concerned because you are near the front. Why you are concerned is a mystery.

I was on deck three on the Serenade. It is a fine ship. I was in cabin 3052. Here is a picture of the cabin ...

cabin3052towardwindow.jpg

But I have been at the very front - twice. Both times by choice. Here is a picture of the view from my forward facing balcony on the NCL Jade ...

SRAca_3660.jpg

I don't have any pictures from my second first cabin in line, because I haven't been in it yet. On my next cruise I choose the first cabin, which unfortunately is a side facing cabin. I would have preferred a forward facing cabin. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with the forward most cabin.

By the way, did you know that if you shoot up the stairs to deck six that you can go out on the helicopter pad ...

Bow.jpg

That is where I took this picture from ...

SerenadeOTSbridge.jpg

Also, did you know that the Serenade is one of only four ships to have self leveling pool tables? Here a picture of one (there are two) ...

Pooltable.jpg

I'll leave you with this. It is my favorite picture from the Serenade. I will not tell you were on the ship I took the picture, you'll have to figure that out for yourself while you are on your cruise ...

Serenade.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply and the pictures :)...I am actually excited about the Serenade of the Seas but my concern is that I read everywhere that at the cabins at the very front of the ship, you hear the "racket" of the anchor when it goes down and you "get the most motion" when at sea...I also read that they can be smaller than other cabins because they are "slanted"...is any of this true?

Thank you so much for your reply and the pictures :)...I am actually excited about the Serenade of the Seas but my concern is that I read everywhere that at the cabins at the very front of the ship, you hear the "racket" of the anchor when it goes down and you "get the most motion" when at sea...I also read that they can be smaller than other cabins because they are "slanted"...is any of this true?

Maybe the anchor does make noise when it goes down, maybe it doesn't. You'll never find out because you are docked at every port and they don't use the anchors when docked.

As to motion, there is pitch (the up and down movement of the ship) and there is roll (the side to side swaying of the ship). It is true that you will feel more pitch up front, but only if there are large waves. However, since you are down low, you will fell less roll (the higher up you are the more roll you feel).

Perhaps if you had a forward facing cabin it might be slanted, however, you don't have a forward facing cabin. You have a side facing cabin and it will be same same size as the side facing cabins that are mid ship.

By the way, the anchor does make noise when dropped, and it makes noise when raised. However, you'll never hear it, as you are dock at every port you visit, and the anchor is not used while the ship is docked.

Archived