Mytime dining question

maytojuly

I've already booked 1st session dining before finding out about Mytime dining. Would I be able to change my option when I board, or should I do it now with my booking agent? Also could someone give me a rundown on how Mytime dining actually works, thanks, May:confused:

If you want to try MTD I would change now since they have limited "slots' and sometimes sell out. You will need to pre-pay gratuities (with final payment) though. MTD is available for certain hours (I think it may change based on ship and itinerary) and you can dine whenever you want in those times. You can either pre-arrange (reserve) your time for each night (usually the night before or the morning of) or just go when you want (although there may be a wait time if you just show up). MTD gives you some flexibility in dining if you are in port and want to stay later or if you want to eat earlier and then go into port (if you are there into the night) or if you want to eat later and enjoy the beach more etc. You may or may not have the same wait staff and area in the dining room. We loved it when we did it last year and are doing it again in a few weeks.

I've already booked 1st session dining before finding out about Mytime dining. Would I be able to change my option when I board, or should I do it now with my booking agent? Also could someone give me a rundown on how Mytime dining actually works, thanks, May:confused:

I'd do it before boarding. I changed mine after boarding on the first day and stood in line for over an hour, with everyone wanting to make changes to their dining times. Your travel agent should be able to do this for you. You will have to prepay your tips to use this dining option.

As far as how it works, you can just show up when you want to eat and they will take you to the next available table. Or you can reserve a particular table

for the same time each night.

I'd change it now, the sooner the better. On my Australian cruise in December, I tried to change it 5 months out, and was put on a waiting list for MTD. Got on the ship and went to see if we'd been pulled off the waiting list, or if we could be. When I got there, there were no slots available, although someone from my roll call was able to change to MTD the moment she got on the ship.

My suggestion: try to sign up for MTD now.

--Michael

Archived