Eclipse staterooms 1608/1610 info

juneday

Hi, we have booked these above stated staterooms on the Eclipse, looks like they are on the hump but from what I understand from others 1608 is not as large a balcony as 1610, but it dos'nt appear to look that way on the Soltice deck plan which I assume is the same. Can anyone end my confusion please, also any info you can offer on these cabins would be great.

I have read the Sticky cabin info, but still none the wiser. Thanks in anticipation. Really looking forward to our cruise whatever the size.

Regards Kathleen

Just got off Equinox on Friday--we were in 1610 and the balcony was very nice & plenty large! The bed is next to the closet in 1610 & next to the balcony in 1608. The balcony in 1608 is a little smaller, but still nice & over sized. You will enjoy!

I appreciate the information so much LuvtoCook as we have 1610 booked on the Eclipse. Did you find the room to be quiet? Glad to hear the balcony is nice! Hope you had a very nice cruise in the room and enjoyed the AQ perks.

Yes, the room was VERY quiet, we loved it. Close to the elevators and really convenient to the pool & Oceanview Cafe. Balcony was plenty spacious.

We were in 1606 on Solstice. Same size balcony as 1610. Very quite, and bed by the bath. 1608 and 1604 have large balconies, but only a food or two in depth less than the other two. Their bed is by the balcony. Either way, you'll enjoy any of these angle balconies.

Just got off Equinox on Friday--we were in 1610 and the balcony was very nice & plenty large! The bed is next to the closet in 1610 & next to the balcony in 1608. The balcony in 1608 is a little smaller, but still nice & over sized. You will enjoy!

Hey Lynn,

I have 1610 on Solstice so am VERY interested in your comments. I recently read that there was considerable noise from the attendant's closet that is next to 1610. Could you elaborate on this please.

TIA.

Thanks so much everyone for the feedback, both cabins sound wonderful, I too will be interested on the question asked by Sandi.

Cant wait for our cruise.

Cheers, Kathleen

Hey Lynn,

I have 1610 on Solstice so am VERY interested in your comments. I recently read that there was considerable noise from the attendant's closet that is next to 1610. Could you elaborate on this please.

TIA.

Hi Sandi! The closet is actually right next to 1608, but since both cabin doors are right side by side, you may be able to hear something. We heard the nextdoor neighbors let their door slam a few times, but to be honest, I heard nothing from the cabin attendant closet.

Can anyone tell me if a canvas tote bag is included with the AQ room, if not I will order one.

On Equinox we received a dark blu canvas bag with brown handles. It doesn't have a flat bottom. I think there was a pouch contraption to fold up the bag. Not sure if it's the same one you can order or not; it's pretty plain (no X logo) but does hold quite a bit of stuff. You also get a small white net bag with the X logo that comes with the AQ foot spray, etc. inside it. It was handy to take to the pool as it was much smaller and held a book, sunglasses and lotion quite handily.

Hi Sandi! The closet is actually right next to 1608, but since both cabin doors are right side by side, you may be able to hear something. We heard the nextdoor neighbors let their door slam a few times, but to be honest, I heard nothing from the cabin attendant closet.

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the response. Think I'll take my chances as the location and balcony seem pretty sweet. Any pics?

Thanks for the information on the tote bag. Wanted a canvas type bag to put a couple of towels in when go to the beaches off the ship, very handy. The blue bag without markings sounds like it should work fine, unless you do not think it would hold two rolled up towels?

I was in 1608 and also heard nothing from the cabin attendant closet. There were often stewards coming into and out of the closet, so when I entered/exited my room it was common to see someone there, but I never noticed any noise while inside the stateroom. It was kind of nice having the stewards often nearby, as if I had a request, it was usually easy to find someone.

I was in 1608 and also heard nothing from the cabin attendant closet. There were often stewards coming into and out of the closet, so when I entered/exited my room it was common to see someone there, but I never noticed any noise while inside the stateroom. It was kind of nice having the stewards often nearby, as if I had a request, it was usually easy to find someone.

Thanks - I read your review & looked at your pics. Think this will be a good cabin.

ps - don't you wish spring would hurry up and reach Chicago!!

Thanks - I read your review & looked at your pics. Think this will be a good cabin.

ps - don't you wish spring would hurry up and reach Chicago!!

Definitely ready for spring! Heading to Nashville this weekend so I can get a little golf in.

1610 is great! I am planning on reserving it for an 2011 cruise as soon as new itineraries come out.

Archived