Brazil Visa

wisc9757

There are other threads on this topic...

To summerize... Brazilian Visas can be difficult and expensive, currently more so from the LA and San Francisco consulates. It is a fast changing situation.

You can't pull the visa until 90 days before you leave. If you can go in person it works better and is cheaper. Read the rules, follow the rules... the rules are detailed and difficult. If you can't go in person identify a Visa service in advance, and give them time to get it done. Some issues I saw were not enough pages in passports, wrong travel documents, incorrect photos, a single money order for multiple people.... all can cause problems but not always...

Good luck.

I pulled Visa for my wife and I in late October... we had our visa 12 days later... and the rules changes 3 days later...

I had a great experience with the Consulate in Chicago. They quickly respond to email questions and are very clear. Go to their website and follow their instructions. I filled out the online application and submitted it. Then went to the US Postal office with my passport and purchased the USPS money order and the two express mail envelopes (postal clerks with help you if you're unsure how to do anything). You'll get the tracking numbers for both the outgoing and return envelopes and can track when the envelope arrives (and also follow the return envelope). Once the envelope arrives at the consulate, you can also track the progress of your application on their website. I (and two friends) applied during the busy holiday season and it took about 9 days before the passports were mailed back. It usally takes about five days to process. There website will indicate the current processing time. I was a bit nervous about using the mail method but travelling to Chicago was not an option. I also considered using a Visa service, but they are too expensive. I recommend the mail method when using the Chicago consulate unless visiting in person is doable for you.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I knew about the 90 day situation. I booked the cruise this weekend and was trying to get info for my future file. Also, have not seen any treads that dealt with the Chicago consulate. That why the question.

wisc9757

Archived