Murder Mystery

jlmlhc

We did it on the Jewel, not the Mariner, but we had a blast and have signed up for it again for next month on the Explorer. Whether it is worth the money or not is subjective...we obviously think so or we wouldn't have booked it again.

You start in a lounge with drinks and canapes, and that is where you see the setup of the plot and where the "murder" takes place. Then you move to Portofino for dinner and the rest of the story. Dinner was great...on ours we had antipasto and bread, then the choice of tiger prawns (I had those and they were great) or filet mignon, which my sister had and said it was delicious. We also had tiramisu, and red and white wine were free-flowing, although we had iced tea.

Each table has the chance to "question" the characters, then each person writes down "who done it" and a winner is drawn from the correct responses. Prizes are nominal...sometimes it's a bottle of champagne, our was a tote bag with RCCL logo items.

We enjoyed the evening because it was something a little different. Just remember that the acting was really "campy" and over the top...and I think that was a lot of the fun. If you think you want to spend the $49 per person, I'd say give it a try.

has anyone done the murdery mystery dinner on the Mariner? Is it fun and worth the money?

When are you going? I heard the show is "on hold" from Feb through April 2010... Then supposedly it will resume. Anyone just off the ship who can confirm this?

Katherine

We have done it in Houston, Dallas, and on a Train to Galveston.

All where great, fun, and very entertaining.

The more you participate, the more you will enjoy it.

We have booked ours on Voyager for all 9 friends.

At $49 per person, this will be the cheapest by far.

:rolleyes:

we are going in May (2) - I've always wanted to go to one of these - so I think I'll book it.

Do it!! We had a lot of fun attending the one on the Radiance. It's silly and campy and certainly NOT super professional. However, I found that most of the fun. Our actors were a hoot and my dining companions were terrific at playing along. Not sure I'd want to do it frequently, but it's a lot of fun at least once.

Pamela

Tucson

Both on the Jewel on our upcoming Explorer cruise, the cost was $49 per person and BigTex1622 indicated that was the price for their booking as well, so it may be standard across the cruise line. You'll have to check for your specific cruise to be sure. Reservations for our April cruise opened in January and I've heard they fill up fast, so keep checking in the Cruise Enhancements - Specialty Dining section of the RCCL website for when they become available for your cruise.

Archived