Seabourn calling on Funchal, Madeira?

Martita B.

Has anyone heard news of Seabourn's upcoming stops (bunker) in Funchal? Both the Spirit and Legend are scheduled to visit in March and April.

I've been watching the Funchal various web cams daily ~ I know Old Town and the Market suffered mudslide damage. Hoping this area will be "up and running" when we arrive March 30th.

Madeira is truly a most gorgeous spot on earth ~~and the Portuguese folks so welcoming and gracious ~~I always look forward in spending time at the Old Town Market.

If anyone needs a private car/driver I'll be happy to share my

contact.

Martita B.

Yes, Martita, could you share your Funchal contact in the form of their email, phone. Let me know any news you hear of recovery efforts in this area. We're on the April 8 crossing.

Bush from New Orleans

Bush

If you can post an e-mail address I will send you my Funchal driver/car information. Manuel will come to the Legend and pick you up at the gangway ~~

I did hear clean up in Madeira is "coming along" quickly.

If you've not visited the island before you are in for a real treat!

Martita B

Hi Denise

Yes Jose Manuel is a fine young gentleman ~~speaks good English as well.

I haven't checked if Seabourn will offer the Reid's Palace tea time excursion in March or April this year ~~and haven't heard if Virtuoso host will be aboard either of the Crossings ~at times I know they have treated their clients to tea time at Reid's.

I plan to spend some time at the Old Market ~~I've been buying my flowers from the same 'lit sweet Portuguese lady for years ~~(we communicate with our hands~:confused:) I love to sit outside with the locals and people watch! (Yes, same waitress)

Hope all is well up North

Martita

T&T

The "bounce back" is with my server ~~I have talked with them. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Please tell Ex Chef, Bjoern, I send "hugs" ~~he is THE best! Don't miss his demo ~~

'Of course, say "hello" to Miss A. ~~she's having some problems with her telephone and hasn't been able to call me.

Have a grand time ~~~Bon Voyage

Martita B.

Bush

If you can post an e-mail address I will send you my Funchal driver/car information. Manuel will come to the Legend and pick you up at the gangway ~~

I did hear clean up in Madeira is "coming along" quickly.

If you've not visited the island before you are in for a real treat!

Martita B

What kind of car does Manuel use? I would like his info. Katesjunk@aol.com

Thanks!

Kate

Archived