Sea Trek Helmet Diving

My wife and I are leaving for our second cruise May 30th (COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!!) and we were considering doing the Sea Trek Helmet Diving excursion in Grand Cayman? Anybody done that trip? Any thoughts? Also, my wife and I are very limited swimmers. Does that matter at all with this trip? Thanks so much!

David

Sea Trek Helmet Dives are simply the best for those that are not brilliant swimmers. You need a bit of confidence when first lowering into the water, but after gaining trust in the sytem you will really have agreat time, and fab memories. Enjoy.

My wife and I are leaving for our second cruise May 30th (COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!!) and we were considering doing the Sea Trek Helmet Diving excursion in Grand Cayman? Anybody done that trip? Any thoughts? Also, my wife and I are very limited swimmers. Does that matter at all with this trip? Thanks so much!

David

My dad and I did it in GC the first time we were on Liberty back in 07. It is so much fun. They put this big helmet it weighs 50lbs but when you enter the water its like 10lbs. All you have to do is walk no swimming. As you go down they make you equlize the pressure in your head by plugging your nose they blowing like you would on an airplane. Then when your on the bottom look around at the beautiful coral and fish. They even give you fish food to feed some of them. Oh and go to walmart and buy a disposible underwater camera, it cost like $9 but for the pictures you get its worth it.

We did the helmet dive sea trek in Cozumel and think it has been the best trip we have ever done. My friend who was with us can't swim but it didn't make any difference to her. An experience we will never forget. We had our underwater digital camera with us and took some amazing pictures. The company that organised it took a video of it which we bought and it is fab. Watching yourself doing the "birdie dance", under the water wearing a huge helmet is quite amazing!!!!!

Go for it and ...............and have a great time.

I did helmet dive in Bermuda a gift to myself for my 55th birthday. i absolutely loved it. i do not swim, cannot hold my breath under water, but got in in my head i wanted to do it...and I did...fantastic...I went out by myself as my husband wouldn't go, there werre otheres in same situation... we had a truely lovely time

So agree with everyone else! I'm scared of deep water and actually had a slight panic attack when the water hit my eye level on the helmet! I had to come up and the guide kept assuring me things would be ok...I finally went down and had a great time! Its sureal just to be walking under water looking at sea life pass you bye! We did this in Cozumel and they do have a rope to guide you along so dont worry about drifting off. Also, as the others have said take a camera, we've got great pics as well!

Have fun!

Archived