?beach at Chankanaab

val4

This is my first Cruise I am sailing with Carnival Destiny to:rolleyes: Key west then Cozumel Iam docking in Cozumel at 1 pm and leaving 10:pm this Saturday March 6 . I would love to do the San Gervasio first and then Manatee's swim at chankanaab, but I am concerned about the beach at Chankanaab I want a white sand beach and If I am not happy with the beach there would i have time to go to Paradise beach???? any help would be great. And would getting the same taxi all day fare better then getting one from each place to another???? Can anyone give me a guess for the distance between the Ruins and Chankanaab and Paradise Beach

I love all the post they have been very helpful thanks again

This is my first Cruise I am sailing with Carnival Destiny to:rolleyes: Key west then Cozumel Iam docking in Cozumel at 1 pm and leaving 10:pm this Saturday March 6 . I would love to do the San Gervasio first and then Manatee's swim at chankanaab, but I am concerned about the beach at Chankanaab I want a white sand beach and If I am not happy with the beach there would i have time to go to Paradise beach???? any help would be great. And would getting the same taxi all day fare better then getting one from each place to another???? Can anyone give me a guess for the distance between the Ruins and Chankanaab and Paradise Beach

I love all the post they have been very helpful thanks again

Just google Chankanaab and click on images..It is white and BEAUTIFUL...spend the whole day there!! No crowds either:rolleyes:

The beach sand is white and there are lots of chairs and shady spots. To enter the water there are rock steps which are slippery but metal hand rails are provided. The water drops off very quickly. There is a large bouyed area for snorkeling with lots of pretty fish right near shore. There were not very many snorkelers there so I did not have to fight a crowd. Park admisson starts at $19.00 per adult with a $2.00 coupon available at thier websight. Drinks were cheaper than the cruiseship but our lunch of chicken enchiladas was tasty but cold. Cabfare from the ship was only $10.00 per carload each way.

Just google Chankanaab and click on images..It is white and BEAUTIFUL...spend the whole day there!! No crowds either:rolleyes:
The sand stops at the rock shore line. It does not go out into the water.

Can you rent snorkel equipment here? Also, can you just snorkel off the beach?
Yes, and yes.

is there anywhere on site at chankanaab that has shallow waters and beach access to the shallow entry???? other then the steps into the ocean:)
The only place where you can be in shallow water is in the little man-made lagoon. Otherwise, it's just steps down into the water.

AND you are trying to do too much. You will time to do only one of the things on your list. Beach clubs close at 5:00 PM

Can you rent snorkel equipment here? Also, can you just snorkel off the beach?

Please remember you have to pay admission to enter the park.

Yes you can rent snorkel equipment right on the beach, it was $12 for a snorkel, mask and fins. If you're sailing Carnival and are a germa-phobe like me, Carnival sells snorkels for $5 at their excursion desk. It was the best $5 I ever spent.

Archived