Kids Club

The Kids club is included in the price of the cruise. They usually have some extra evening activities which may have an extra charge. The times very by day and cruise ship so we do not know yet for the epic. I do not think they take them to the pool. Cruise ships do not have lifeguards posted and taking children to the pool would be a big liability on their part. The do leave the kids club for activities. On the Dawn my daughter participated in a pirate parade. On the sky the kids club sang songs at the Christmas eve celebration. I am sure there will be all kinds of exciting kids club activities on the Epic but that information has not been released. When people actually cruise hopefully someone will post a kids club schedule and copies of Freestyle Daily.

I imagine the hours will be pretty much the same as they are across the board. I think they open at 8am (not sure... we're never up that early on sea days! :p), and they close at 10:30, with after hours babysitting available for a charge. On port days, the hours are determined by the arrival and departure times. While in port, there is 'port play' available, which is pretty much just babysitting, again for a fee. There are no organized activities while the ship is in port.

It's very important to note that the above information is what we have experienced on our other NCL cruises, and I am only GUESSING that it will be the same on the Epic.

Also, on the Epic, there is going to be a Nickelodeon presence. We don't know exactly what that means yet, but from what I've read I'm expecting occasional theme activities in the pool area and Nick-themed areas or activities in the Kid's Crew. There may also be family shows with a Nick theme, but again, we'll have to wait and see when we're able to get 'real' information from people actually experiencing the ship.

I agree with Adkmom about the pool, also. There will likely be crewmembers present for waterpark safety, but probably just at the top of the slides and such to make sure turns are being taken safely (just a guess again, but I'd definitely post someone if it were up to me). I don't expect any lifeguards, and I can't imagine the Kid's Crew staff being liable for kids in that situation. It will be up to parents to supervise their kids in the pools and waterpark. For me, the only problem I foresee is pulling my daughter away from Kid's Crew to come play on the slides with me... :o

When we were on the Jewel they never took them to the pool. Other activities were done outside the club but no pool. Hours were from 9am to 10:30pm and if you had your children stay later there was a charge and they could only stay until 1:00am.

Can you take kids in and out of the club anytime during the day?

If the Epic has the same rules as the other NCL ships then the answer is Yes.

Your problem may be that your kids do not want to leave! :)

This is the link to family information on NCL; you can select a tab based on your kids age to get more information on the kids activities and clubs:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

If the Epic has the same rules as the other NCL ships then the answer is Yes.

Your problem may be that your kids do not want to leave! :)

This is the link to family information on NCL; you can select a tab based on your kids age to get more information on the kids activities and clubs:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

Ain't that the truth! That's why I said earlier that my biggest issue will be getting ours to join me on the waterslides! ha ha ha I know that she'll want to go, but with the brand new facilities and the Nick stuff (whatever that will be), I think that first night with the Kid's Crew schedule and the highlighter is going to be a bit more complicated than usual! :p

Archived