Any one ever do SeaWorld from Port Canaveral?

pisces0318

Hi, we did Sea World last year in September when we had our stop on the Pride. We rented a car for the day through Budget for $32, it was about an hour drive to Sea World. We had a wonderful time also being in September it wasn't crowded which pretty much let us see everything. We left about 4 got back to the ship around 5:30 and it set sail at 7.

Although it was several years back we took NCLs excursion from Port Canaveral to Sea World.

The drive was not long, and they drop you off right near the front and give you a place and time to meet the bus afterwards. We had more than enough time to explore the park and it was nice to know we didn't need to drive ourselves.

Would highly recommend it.

Personal opinon - but I would never try to do the big parks like Disney in one day. Seaworld is smaller and one day is not bad, depending on season and how busy they are. Might want to visit the PORTS OF CALL message boards to see some discussions on this. Or a search on "disney" would get lots of opinions.

We're sailing on the Jewel 5/8 and have heard this is easier than Disney.

It will be me, DH and our 5 & 3 year boys.

TIA

We have an active roll call for the Jewel 5/9 cruise...please join us! We love to have you join our meet and greet:D

My DH and I did the Disney tour thru NCL last year. We enjoyed ourselves but we were rushed. Not sure it's worth it with 2 young ones, although SeaWorld is easier to do in a short amount of time. Ship gets in at noon and leaves at 10pm. Exhausting day!

Hope to see you on our roll call!

Several years ago when I was on the Dawn from NY I went on the Sea World excursion through NCL. We had plenty of time to take in a few shows and go on the major rides. We had a blast. Even though it may be cheaper to rent a car and drive, I wouldn't take the chance. If your car is stuck in traffic and you miss the ship you are out of luck. If the bus is stuck in traffic the ship will wait. Plus it is nice to relax and let someone else drive.

Several years ago when I was on the Dawn from NY I went on the Sea World excursion through NCL. We had plenty of time to take in a few shows and go on the major rides. We had a blast. Even though it may be cheaper to rent a car and drive, I wouldn't take the chance. If your car is stuck in traffic and you miss the ship you are out of luck. If the bus is stuck in traffic the ship will wait. Plus it is nice to relax and let someone else drive.

I grew up in the area and would completely agree with this post. Traffic has been getting progressively worse in Brevard (where Port Canaveral is) County and Orange County so time based on distance could be completely different than what your travel time ends up being with traffic on any given day.

Someone asked about the Universal parks... I think Sea World would be the safest, just because it is shows that you can almost always get into; the ride parks involve a lot of standing in long lines, and if you will be there in the next month and a half, you'll be competing with spring breakers to get on rides so the lines will likely be long. You can always try, but the prices are so high these days I wouldn't want to do it unless I had no time constraints - just my personal opinion based on my experience.

Archived