Cove balconies: can you open the divider when BIL/SIL in adjoining room?

enjoyinglife

Hi,

I have tried to reseach about the cove balconies on the Dream. We are thinking about booking the Magic for next summer. We may get a cove balcony. Heard good about them on CC. I know the Magic isn't complete so this answer could change, but on the Dream, can the balcony divider open if the people in the adjoining room wants them open?

Thanks for any answers!

Hi,

I have tried to reseach about the cove balconies on the Dream. We are thinking about booking the Magic for next summer. We may get a cove balcony. Heard good about them on CC. I know the Magic isn't complete so this answer could change, but on the Dream, can the balcony divider open if the people in the adjoining room wants them open?

Thanks for any answers!

No. They also serve as a water tight seal on your cabin door when the seas are high. We did the Translalantic and they closed them twice. Sorta about the same thickness as a commercial walk-in frezer door.

No. They also serve as a water tight seal on your cabin door when the seas are high. We did the Translalantic and they closed them twice. Sorta about the same thickness as a commercial walk-in frezer door.

If you were in a CB, did you like it, especially compared to other balconies? The difference in price between the cove balcony and the next step up would be about 400.00 dollars for our sailing.

I think I understand the door/divider now.

In bad weather the balcony opening does not get closed but the door/divider does so your cabin essentially becomes an oceanview cabin because they also have a window. Right?

Also from the picture it looks like you can see around the divider to the next cabin. Is that true or an illusion? If so, they are not very private balconies if you can see around the door/diveder. Not that I need the privacy but not sure what the neighbors are doing.;):eek:

So now, after reading this, I may be seeing the big picture! I guess I assumed the cut out of the hull, which gives the balcony view, is what gots covered but it is the balcony door to the cabin that gets closed and sealed. Do the crew go around and close it if needed?

I believe we will try it out on our next cruise! Thanks everyone for the info!

Archived