Hair braiding mexico- Cabo, maz. or PV

wonderdog1

I've had it done before in the Pacific. I believe it was safe. Only hands being used. It did hurt but your children may actually sit through it knowing what the outcome will be! If it was a bit unbearable for them, you could always tell the person braiding to ease-off a bit, the braids probably wouldn't be as tight and last as long though.

My daughter (now 9) has had it done for the past 3 years... it does hurt some, but it really looks awesome afterwards. Plus, there's almost no maintenance for weeks. Of course, getting them out isn't a ton of fun, but she's looking forward to having it done again, so it can't be too bad.

DD's hair braiding was an . . . experience. Make sure you know where you can have it done. We didn't see any on our travels through out the day and found a kiosk at the terminal just before getting back on board.

DD really wanted them done so I don't think her pain threshold was even engaged. The lady doing it kept hold of a bunch of hair so the hair was kept taunt and really wasn't pulled.

The big discussion for DW, DD, and I was how much of her head was going to be braided. DW was not on board with the entire scalp as DD wanted. We compromised at about 4 braids which was from the right ear almost to the top of the head. That took 10 - 15 minutes. Patience might be an issue if the entire head is done.

On getting them out, DW was told LOTS and LOTS of conditioner. And when DD finally allowed them to be taken out, it seemed to work out fine.

And don't forget to agree on a total price in advance. I have personal experience and have heard of many who were told "X$" and then after the braider would say, "no, no that was per braid".

Amy

OOOO CHEEKY! Wow, so many hidden things to know about.

What should one expect to pay for this to be done? Do you usually just one or two, half a dozen, or a whole head full of the braids. It sounds interesting to me. I never had anything like that done. Do you pay a flat price and then tip or do you just barter a price for what you want done. How much money should one pay for a lot of braids? Thanks!

Archived