New crusier excursion question

FlaGrl4Evr

Hello we are new cruisers sailing on CCL Legend. Our cruise is almost paid for and we have started thinking about excrusions. In Grand Cayman we have it narrowed down to 2. If anyone can share their experiences with either of these excrusions we would appreciate the input.

Since this is our first cruise, we are sticking to the CCL excrusions. The first one we thought of is the Catamaran Sail to Stingray City Sandbar. We are not experienced Snorkelers so we are unsure about the level of knowledge one may need for this. The second excursion we considered is the Grand Cayman Kayak Safari, these are 2-man kayaks and this sounds like fun as well.

After the excrusion we wanted to go to Margaritaville. Has anyone been there? We are late 40's early 50's. Is this a much younger crowd, don't want to feel out of place. Also is it a wild party atmosphere during the day? Don't get me wrong, we enjoy a cocktail or two and like to have a good time, just don't want it to be tooooo wild. Thanks.

Hello we are new cruisers sailing on CCL Legend. Our cruise is almost paid for and we have started thinking about excrusions. In Grand Cayman we have it narrowed down to 2. If anyone can share their experiences with either of these excrusions we would appreciate the input.

Since this is our first cruise, we are sticking to the CCL excrusions. The first one we thought of is the Catamaran Sail to Stingray City Sandbar. We are not experienced Snorkelers so we are unsure about the level of knowledge one may need for this. The second excursion we considered is the Grand Cayman Kayak Safari, these are 2-man kayaks and this sounds like fun as well.

After the excrusion we wanted to go to Margaritaville. Has anyone been there? We are late 40's early 50's. Is this a much younger crowd, don't want to feel out of place. Also is it a wild party atmosphere during the day? Don't get me wrong, we enjoy a cocktail or two and like to have a good time, just don't want it to be tooooo wild. Thanks.

DW and I were on the Legend in December and the Catamaran Sail. We had a great time with the stingrays. We were one of the first groups out that day so had plenty of time with them. There were plenty of beginners, so don't worry about that. I've included a couple of pictures.

Margaritaville is just like Margaritaville in the US. Overpriced drinks IMO, which are even more expensive because of exchange rate $1 CI is $1.25 US. We went down the street to a place called Rackems (I think). Great view of the ocean and great food.

P.S. One tip from a former Hoosier (Muncie), if you like rum and rumcakes try Blackbeards. DW and I liked them better than Tortuga.

844599287_Stingray2.jpg.526f8a767d2cc7064966a2ffecd5db7d.jpg

GC4.jpg.64456a7017c04b64fd140a07d02d9a67.jpg

Archived