Who loves watching the runners???

G&TQ

Just curious and reading the will the leave without you threads just reminds me how much DH and I find it hilarious. We make sure we get back to the ship in time to hit the cabin, rinse off, grab a drink maybe a nibble and head for the railings. Cozumel is always the funniest.

We watched a couple get cussed out by one of those peddle cabbies cause they jumped out to get on the gangplank before it was moved. They apprently did not pay him. Security made the man get off and pay up. Boy everyone was fussing at him.

OMG it is the BEST!!!! I concur that Cozumel with L-O-N-G pier is the most hilarious. And the youtube videos of the folks running or worst, getting left behind, are hysterical!!! It's hard to feel sorry for stupidity. :D

You got it. Free entertainment each and every cruise. YouTube has some great videos of "runners".

I admit, I have never watched the runners. I think I will put that on my "things to do that I haven't done before on a cruise" list!!

I'm going to look for the youtube videos. What do I search? cruise runners?

We saw a couple on the Dream a week ago just walking on the pier to the ship. Then all the passengers started yelling that you only have 3 minutes til sailing and the captain sounded the horn and boy did that couple start running. We all laughed and clapped for them. You gotta love it.

I do love watching them also. It was really fun at Cozumel last time because we had a sister ship docked right beside us. The runners got a double dose of cheering and clapping. I did feel sorry for this one lady who came flying across the pier with a stroller with a young child in it. I was so afraid that she was going to crash the stroller!:eek: Thankfully, she made it.

The best one was when we were in Grand Caymen, I had already taken a shower and was resting. My husband came in from the balcony and said we are stopping. Sure enough about 15 minutes after we sailed a tender come out with some poor lady on it. It was a difficult transfer because it was very rough. The whole ship was watching and cheering. My favorite is always the long pier in Cozumel.

I didn't know what you meant at first:pbut we have had the "runners" both times docked in Cozumel. There's always someone lagging behind, but they are usually laughing, wearing balloons on their heads and weaving from side to side.:p We had them just recently and people were hanging out of their balconies yelling "BOO" and "GET YOUR A__ ON THE BOAT". We would never do that, I wonder what people are thinking:rolleyes:

RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!

I have been a runner...and it wasn't because of drinking!

Two years ago we charted a fishing boat in Cozumel for our family and our daughter met a young man on the Ship so his family allowed him to come wtih us. We were supposed to have 4 hours and the way we planned we would be back an hour before the leaving time and 30 minutes before the last boarding. WEEEELLL... this is Mexico and time moves a little slower.

We were a good 30 minutes leaving on the charter and then we were catching nothing. I suppose fearing a loss of tip the Captain kept wanting to go further. We finally said at 30 minutes before we had planned to dock, should we head back, he said yes because it was an hour and 15 minutes back!!!!:eek:

We docked the charter, the captain had a cab waiting. We dropped the three teenagers and ManHo and they full out sprinted to the ship. This was 15 minutes before sailing time. I had to pay the cab driver so I said y'all go and try to get them to not leave me!

After paying the cab driver I had 7 minutes before sailing. You have never seen a little red headed fat girl run so fast. When I reached the security check in they said no worries they were missing over 60 passengers and were going to wait another 10 minutes! I was so relieved. What was funny is that there were no balcony cheers/jeers for us. I suppose because we were all sober.

It was our own fault but good gracious was that wild!

I have been a runner...and it wasn't because of drinking!

Two years ago we charted a fishing boat in Cozumel for our family and our daughter met a young man on the Ship so his family allowed him to come wtih us. We were supposed to have 4 hours and the way we planned we would be back an hour before the leaving time and 30 minutes before the last boarding. WEEEELLL... this is Mexico and time moves a little slower.

We were a good 30 minutes leaving on the charter and then we were catching nothing. I suppose fearing a loss of tip the Captain kept wanting to go further. We finally said at 30 minutes before we had planned to dock, should we head back, he said yes because it was an hour and 15 minutes back!!!!:eek:

We docked the charter, the captain had a cab waiting. We dropped the three teenagers and ManHo and they full out sprinted to the ship. This was 15 minutes before sailing time. I had to pay the cab driver so I said y'all go and try to get them to not leave me!

After paying the cab driver I had 7 minutes before sailing. You have never seen a little red headed fat girl run so fast. When I reached the security check in they said no worries they were missing over 60 passengers and were going to wait another 10 minutes! I was so relieved. What was funny is that there were no balcony cheers/jeers for us. I suppose because we were all sober.

It was our own fault but good gracious was that wild!

Cute story, thanks for sharing:)

St. Lucia is another port that is good for watching people run. There is a shopping center between the pier and the main roads. We watched a Carnival-sponsored catamaran pull up late. The people on that tour sprinted for the ship. A few went shopping-we watched them walk around the shops. The captain blew the horn once and people came running. He blew the horn twice, and more people came running. When he blew the horn three times, we all watched the last few bag-laden passengers run to the ship.

I love watching the runners. One time, we saw a bunch of runners, but then the ship ended up staying an extra 2 hours because they had to do a medical evacuation and were waiting for an air ambulance to fly in from Miami. The looks on their faces when security told them to relax, they were staying an extra 2 hours were hilarious.

Archived