Dream Review: February 20, Western Carribean

Great review and photos! I took my first cruise in January with my best friends, so I can certainly relate to your excitement! ;)

I now have husband and I booked on a 7-day to the western Caribbean in December, so I was especially interested in your excursion pictures and comments.

Thanks again!

Can you tell me what cabin number you were in? I have been a little concerned about the noise when pulling in to port, which you said was very loud.

We were also on this cruise, in cabin 1410. The loud noise and shaking was from the thrusters working when entering or leaving the ports. The noise was a bit annoying, but you could still talk over it. It did wake you up. Whenever it happened, I just told my husband to lie flat on the bed for his "mini massage"!

The Carnival Dream has a bit more movement than either the Spirit or Freedom. It only got really noticeable when the winds hit 60 mph late one evening. As John Heald said, the sober people walked like they had had too much to drink, and the drunk people were walking in a straight line!

Deborah

Great review and photos! I took my first cruise in January with my best friends, so I can certainly relate to your excitement! ;)

I now have husband and I booked on a 7-day to the western Caribbean in December, so I was especially interested in your excursion pictures and comments.

Thanks again!

Glad I can help! I read as many as I could find before our trip, so I would know what to expect and what excursions to take. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :)

We were also on this cruise, in cabin 1410. The loud noise and shaking was from the thrusters working when entering or leaving the ports. The noise was a bit annoying, but you could still talk over it. It did wake you up. Whenever it happened, I just told my husband to lie flat on the bed for his "mini massage"!

The Carnival Dream has a bit more movement than either the Spirit or Freedom. It only got really noticeable when the winds hit 60 mph late one evening. As John Heald said, the sober people walked like they had had too much to drink, and the drunk people were walking in a straight line!

Deborah

haha! That's about right - on the mini massage! I had read a review from someone on the same level and they mentioned it in there, so I was expecting it. It made for a very efficient alarm clock and you knew you had arrived at your next destination!

This was our first cruise, so we don't know any different, but I wouldn't hesitate to book on the riviera level, aft again. It was still great! :) Neither my hubby nor I had any seasickness at all.

Thanks lovetotravel10! Great Review!

Your Review is one of The Best If Not The Best Review, I've Read for The Dream!!! I'm Glad U and your family had a blast!!! I'm Going In October, and I can't wait!!!!

How Is The Lanai and the Whirlppols Haniging Over The Ocean??

Did U Try Them where they Fun?:p

Also How Was The Water Slide/Twister?

Very nice review. I loved the pics

I loved the outdoor theater at night. Did they still do the laser shows? I wasn't a big fan of those.

Question. the photo you showed at Costa Maya. Is That is a beach right next to the pier where you can rent chairs?? would be nice to step off the ship and right to a beach

How long till you book the next one?:D

TOO Long!!! :(

In Roatan where did the ship port? Mahogany Bay (flying beach chairs) or Coxen Hole?

thanks

Mahogany Bay

Very nice review. I loved the pics

I loved the outdoor theater at night. Did they still do the laser shows? I wasn't a big fan of those.

Question. the photo you showed at Costa Maya. Is That is a beach right next to the pier where you can rent chairs?? would be nice to step off the ship and right to a beach

They had laser shows a few of the nights. Most nights (if not all) they showed a movie and usually offered two showings - one family feature, and one for adults. The ones I remember them showing were: UP, Angels and Demons, Michael Jacksons' This Is It, The Proposal, Land of the Lost, Earth. They also showed video concerts.

That beach that you see in the picture is right off the pier. I was on the pier when I took the pic. I don't know if it's a public, first come first serve type of place or if them rent those chairs/palapas. Just inside the port gates where you see those large buildings, there is a pool and chairs as well.

Great review!! We are taking the same cruise on the 20th, can't get here soon enough.

I have been looking at the Carnival website, wishing I could book another one! :) I'd be happy to cruise on the Dream again! As a matter of fact...I'd go back next week if I could!

Enjoy your cruise!

How were the drinks at Nachi Cocum? What did you try?

Great hearing about the dream. It's definately in my top 5 ships to try.

The drinks were really good at Nachi! I had strawberry daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice (mix of both of these), and the Dirty Monkey (my all time favorite!)

I watched him make a couple of my drinks and he used Bacardi Rum. So, I was happy to see if wasn't skunky cheap-o rum. They were really good, and pretty strong!

Here's the dirty monkey! It's like a chocolate banana frozen drink!:D

049-9.jpg

The drinks were really good at Nachi! I had strawberry daquiri, Pina Colada, Miami Vice (mix of both of these), and the Dirty Monkey (my all time favorite!)

I watched him make a couple of my drinks and he used Bacardi Rum. So, I was happy to see if wasn't skunky cheap-o rum. They were really good, and pretty strong!

I completely agree with this. Was at Nachi Coccum on the same day, and I found all my drinks and food to be excellent (the chicken tacos were primo). :) :)

Archived