stingray with 6 y/o girl?

djbleach

Will be in Grand Caymen next week. Thinking about doing the stingray feeding with our 6 y/o. Has anybody been with a 6 y/o girl and have any suggestions on what to do. What did you do and like or dislike. Thanks so much for any help. I've been extremely slack on planning this vacation. Just getting on the boat and heading for warm weather is going to be enough for me. I just want it to be great for wife and kid!

We just got back from the Carnival Liberty with our DD (8) and DS 6). While in Grand Cayman we booked the "Rays, Reef & Rum Point" through Nativeway tours.

My DS LOVED the Stingrays and my DD couldn't back in the boat quick enough... Both kids enjoyed snorkeling and you can never go wrong with kids & a beach :)

The water is very shallow at Stringray City (waist deep) so even with the rough weather we had when there, both kids could easily stand on their own with out life jackets.

We are going to try the rays again next year when there - hopefully DD will relax a bit and enjoy the experience!

We did this excursion five years ago when my daughter was 9. She's on the short side and had trouble keeping her feet under her and on the ground when the waves came through. They kept telling her that she needed to keep her feet down to avoid accidentally stepping on one of the rays. She got kind of freaked out and got back on the boat.

It was a great excursion. Only you know your daughter so just something to think about.

Have a great time.

When we went to stingray city, my 9 year old loved it and my 7 year old was terrified. She went back on the boat and sat by the edge watching us in the water, so it was fine for everyone. I'm hoping she will be willing to try again this summer.

Archived