Tubing

macaroni

Hi

We booked as a group with Antours and besides a minor hiccup due to a booking confusion these guys were GREAT!!! They were waiting for us when the ship docked, we were transported in a roadworthy air conditioned minibus, and we also managed to combine the Emerald Pool/Rain Forest with River Tubing at a very reasonable rate (MUCH cheaper than what the cruiseliner would have charged us). The river tubing guides earned their tips! It was an AWESOME experience and we hope to do it again when/if we ever return to Dominca. (I personally dont think there is much else to do in dominca). Just google Antours. HAVE FUN!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure when previous poster went,or when anyone else is going, but as of a week ago, it wasn't worth it. The island has had very very little rain and the rivers are drying up. We had to walk parts of the river, and were very disappointed. The parts we didn't, we dragged on the bottom...or just didn't move due to little to no current...if it rains, and the river rises, it will be a blast. Currently, wherever they're putting in, is a 90 minute drive from the port....and its very winding..we had a woman having a problem with motion sickness on it...so thats my two cents worth...for what it's worth!

Beth

We did the Emerald Pool and River Tubing with Antours in July and had a fantastic time.

If you are interested in seeing photos and video clips of the River Tubing excursion, you can check out my YouTube video. Details below:

Carnival Victory—Our Day in Dominica with Antours

Our second port stop took us to the lush, tropical island of Dominica. In this video, you will see our Port Excursion booked through Antours. We enjoyed the secluded beauty of the Emerald Pool and then went on a water adventure through a tropical rainforest--river tubing down the Layou River! Length 4:13

If you are interested in reading my detailed review (with photos) of our excursion with Antours, click on the link below and scroll down to post #123.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=23651266#post23651266

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a river tubing excursion through HAL in January. The scenery was lovely, but, as others said, the river was shallow in places, and it took effort to get downriver at times. The water was murky and the equipment provided was mildewed and in poor repair - my life jacket was barely held together by a few threads on one side.

Archived