Carrying Wine On...

hvyhttr21

Technically no, but many do. They'll X-ray your bags and put you through a metal detector when you come on board (at least they did on my Sensation cruise) and if you have bottles they tell you to go to a table where they'll confiscate your liquor. The table is normally busy so many just walk on past, they don't bother stopping you. Depends on how much of a rebel you are I suppose...

We are doing B2B cruises...so my question is...can we take 2 bottles of wine...one for each cruise. We are being dropped off at the port and will not be able to go to the car between cruises.

We are doing B2B cruises...so my question is...can we take 2 bottles of wine...one for each cruise. We are being dropped off at the port and will not be able to go to the car between cruises.

Not being able to go to the car in between cruises is a good thing in this scenario - you shouldn't leave a bottle of wine in a vehicle as the heat will spoil it!

Someone pointed out, in response to this question, that security at the port has no idea who is a B2B from a regular cruiser so the answer will be no. That said, any alcohol bought on board or in ports that is confiscated and held to be returned on the last night, so just be sure to purchase a bottle or two or more from the stores and you'll have new wine stores delivered for your 2nd cruise on the last night of the 1st!! :D Also, other liquor purchases will be delivered too ;)

Someone pointed out, in response to this question, that security at the port has no idea who is a B2B from a regular cruiser so the answer will be no. That said, any alcohol bought on board or in ports that is confiscated and held to be returned on the last night, so just be sure to purchase a bottle or two or more from the stores and you'll have new wine stores delivered for your 2nd cruise on the last night of the 1st!! :D Also, other liquor purchases will be delivered too ;)

Likewise if you bring on 4 bottles and they take 2 away during carry-on screening (if they don't understand the BTB cruise thing) from you they will also be delivered to your stateroom the last night and you will have it for the second cruise.

You can take 2 bottles if 2 people in your party are over 21. Each person would carry 1 bottle. :)

Archived