A Young at Heart Review; Legend 2/7 -2/14/2010

Delta Dear

I've read all of your review, and if your words are any indication as to the kind of person you are (and they have to be), you would be a pleasure to know and be around. You peppered it with so much of the little (and big) personal things that made it a great trip for ya'll. You are a sweetheart and an inspiration.

Cozumel Tours - Bar Hop around the best bars on Cozumel Island

I'd love to meet you on a cruise someday, too. Since I purchased the certificate for a future cruise, I know we will be going somewhere. What do you have planned after the Legend ?

Thanks for the Cozumel info.

Jane, we have only the Carnival Legend booked, but hope to cruise again this summer. We booked the Legend to cruise again with a couple from Holland we met last summer on Liberty of the Seas. We love cruising, and my DH will have more vacation time June 1. We have met so many wonderful people cruising over the years. (over 40 cruises since 1995)

wonderful review Jane. It was so nice to be able to experience this crusie WITH you then and again a few weeks later! I'm still telling all my friends here at home about all the wonderful people from our group.

I didn't know about your daughter while we were walking for the cure. My sister was diagnosed last January...she underwent double mastectomy and chemo...so far, as of her last check-up in Dec, everything looks great. She too, was daignosed young...she had just turned 37. I was proudly walking for her and Sandy while on the ship...but rest assured, the next walk I do, I will have your daughter in mind too.

~Wendy

Delta Dear,

I started reading your review before I left for work this morning and had to wait until I got home tonight to finish reading it. I had a meeting after work that I really wanted to ditch so I could get home and finish reading. Trust me, you review was much more interesting than my meeting! It brought a smile to my face as I relived every day of the cruise. I was going to post a review but there's no need for me to do so because you've said it all so beautifully! It was a great time with great people. Tony and I truly enjoyed ourselves and don't forget, we've doing the Saints next. :)

222.jpg.f30cc77ede446238cdba3f68ded4c8fd.jpg

My wife, father in law and I will be sailing aboard LEGEND on the 21st. Both my wife and father in law have sailed with CCC in the past - on the Fantasy. My "cruising" has been on grey ships, with armored hulls, known as cruisers and aircraft carriers, so this will be my first "civilian" cruise.

Your review had me spellbound from the beginning, to the end - and I sincerely thank you for the time you spent posting it, and the photos.

My wife and I will certainly do the walk onboard LEGEND - both my dad and his brother died of lung cancer.

Your reviews of the various stops, along with ideas for excursions, is very welcome, as that will help us plan our activities. My father in law is in his mid-70's, and has had hip and knee replacements. I'm in my 60's, and need a knee replacement - and my young wife will outrun most anyone on the cruise, bless her!

For those readers who will also be sailing on the 21st, I'll be quite recognizable...just take it from my screen name... :)

Before I post more pictures, Crusinging Grandma, your sister and Courclay's sister; I'll walk for you when I do the Relay for Life in June. I pray that all treatments will go well and that the reports will continue to be good ones.

Before and after cruise dining. Then, more pictures to make you want to leave tomorrow. I sure wish I could.

Pre-cruise dinner at Bahama Breeze near our hotel at Rocky Point.

FirstnightinTampa_0002.jpg

FirstnightinTampa_0005.jpg

After the cruise, we drove to Pompano Beach, FL to visit our son. He prepared his famous deep fried turkey breast for us to enjoy.

Day8OntoJohns_0283.jpg

Day8OntoJohns_0278.jpg

Day8OntoJohns_0277.jpg

Coming up, more pictures from the cruise.

Here's where the fun begins.

Day7BacktoTampa_0270.jpg

Day7BacktoTampa_0248.jpg

Your luggage will meet you by your cabin door in a few hours.

Day7BacktoTampa_0275.jpg

Look what met us at our cabin, thanks to our Time For Travel agent, Carrolyn.

CruisingDay1_0026.jpg

Something tells me I posted those strawberries before. Oh, well some things bear repeating.

Here is a place called, Old Belize, where Morgan's cousin took us for lunch. There are several water activities available, a gift shop and a museum. Several tour groups arrived for lunch while we were there.

Day4Belize_0176.jpg

BelizebyMorgan_0168.jpg

BelizebyMorgan_0162.jpg

Hi Gypsy Rose,

LOL, I want to make sure I don't forget HOW to post pictures. Yes, I am enjoying it. I have ordered prints so I'm almost ready to start my album. Thanks for the compliment. In May,we will celebrate our 42nd anniversary.

Before I post more pictures, Crusinging Grandma, your sister and Courclay's sister; I'll walk for you when I do the Relay for Life in June. I pray that all treatments will go well and that the reports will continue to be good ones.

Thank you so much!! I have really enjoyed all your beautiful photos! We leave for Florida a week from tomorrow, and will cruise on the Legend 3/21! Oh, and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! We will celebrate 39 years in July!

I was on the bar hop also and it is a great excursion! The delay was caused by a miscount of passengers - we thought we had "lost" one. The Bar Hop Guys never had this happen before and I am sure they now have a procedure in place for this to never happen again!

The Legend does use the swipe card type of safe. Follow the red arrows, don't try to go in reverse. What to know how I know that ?

Day 3 Cozumel, Bar Hope Day

I found it a little bit of a challenge to find excursions for us because of our mobility issues. We are not animal people so we had no desire to swim with anything, pet anything or bond with anything other than humans. We are not beach/sand, try to get up from low beach chair people either. That meant finding tours of the ports with someone else moving us from place to place.

I read about the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour on the Ports threads. As I mentioned earlier, we do not drink much, but the reviews of the tour touted the beautiful beaches and scenery that you would enjoy. I wrote to Tom many times with many questions. We decided this tour was just what we were looking for.

The tour is a 5 hour tour that goes to the side of the island that is undeveloped and usually missed by tourists. The side of the island you visit does not even have electricity. You stop at 4-5 bars with 45 minutes at each stop. At each stop, you are given a 'shot,' of a special drink. No, they are not straight shots of liquour. You can order food and/or more to drink if you wish, or you can simply enjoy the beauty of the settings and relax, take pictures, whatever.

Tom needs 6-8 people to take the tour in order to offer it. When I first wrote, we were the only two. I quickly promoted it to my group and it turned out that we had close to 20 in our tour by the time others signed on. Again, all ages, all had a ball. They did tease me at one stop because I was 'sipping' my shooter. They gave me a lesson in 'shooting' the drink down. The favorite seemed to be the Iguana at the Rasta Bar, our last stop. It was bright green.

We had a delay at one of the bars so we did not go to Paradise beach as we were scheduled to do. Gregg, our guide was great. He asked if we wanted a 'non touristy bar for the last one, or Paradise Beach since we didn't have time for both, the group chose the non-touristy one.

Cozumel was hit very badly by a hurricane several years ago. Several of the bars we went to had been almost destroyed, but they had been rebuild.

The bars seem to be frequented by surfers, those in jeeps and those on the island who want to enjoy beaches and beauty unobstructed by the 'touristy' traps. It was a very relaxing day. We had time when we returned to port to shop or hang out for a while if we wanted to.

We went on back because we had reservations for the Steak House that night.

Oh, yes. Cozumel is a docked port. There are a number of bicycle rickshaw type drivers who will take you from the ship to the port village. That was perfect for us, although I was afraid we would tip over or something. But then again, I never liked to ride a bike for the same reason. There is no set fee, you simply tip the driver.

We returned to our cabin, ordered some fruit from room service and just relaxed until time to change for dinner. The Steak House was a special experience. It was incredible, as a matter of fact. I'll post more about that tomorrow.

I am glad you got more people for your bar hop. We are looking for people on 4/21 to join our group. Please.......

Hi Debster818,

Did you try posting something about the Bar Hop on the Roll Call for the other ships in port that day? I did that, but I don't think anyone booked from that. Since there seemed to be several people who are on the 3/21 Legend who commented on this post, I peeked in on the Roll Call for the ship. I see Cruising Grandma has a group lined up. Are you part of that group? If not, check with her on the Roll Call group.

Keep pushing, you will find enough.

Hi Debster818,

Did you try posting something about the Bar Hop on the Roll Call for the other ships in port that day? I did that, but I don't think anyone booked from that. Since there seemed to be several people who are on the 3/21 Legend who commented on this post, I peeked in on the Roll Call for the ship. I see Cruising Grandma has a group lined up. Are you part of that group? If not, check with her on the Roll Call group.

Keep pushing, you will find enough.

Debbie is going to Cozumel 4/21, and our cruise begins 3/21. I am now hoping we have enough for a group, too.:(

Just got an e-mail from Tom....our hop is a "go". Just sent a down payment thru Pay pal. I'm so excited. I know that we have at least 7 people and I hope to get more. Now, to figure out what to do on Grand Caymen and Roatan??????

Great news, sorry I didn't even pay attention to the dates. Tom is great. He does a good job of keeping in touch with everyone who inquires. Have a blast.

I have such cruise fever, I'm about to book for the, "Cruzin' with the Crazies," on the Miracle, Jan. 30, 2011 to St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Martaan. It sails out of Ft. Lauderdale which is perfect since our son lives right there in Pompano Beach, a mere 12 or so miles away.

Back in 1961 when Morgan joined the Peace Corps, he signed up to go to St. Lucia. They sent him to India for two years instead. LOL, I tell him they probably knew if he went to St. Lucia, he might not come back. So, this will be his chance to see what he missed.

Awesome review! I loved your points on cruising, particularly checking out your husband's packing. (Socks forgotten one trip!) We love the Spirit class of ships and I'll be looking for your review of the Miracle cruise in January!!! If you can't wait until then, come join us on the Miracle cruise out of NYC. We are from South Jersey and it is so nice to cruise from close to home without worrying about a flight.

Archived