Portable potty?

queenL

Does anyone have one of these travel/portable potties http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3132746&CAWELAID=203980398

I'm thinking of buying one so that we are in port, I can have quick access to a clean place for my tot to potty.

Nope, we do not have that one. We do have this:

PRIMO Folding Potty with Handles White granite

We got it off Amazon. I would not recommend this particular one as our son has been pinched by it - and I do recall reading about that in the reviews.

Walmart sells potty covers, like what I mentioned above, that dont fold, in the infant area.

I would recommend that you browse the idea of a fold able, portable potty seat cover before you invest in a semi-bulky portable potty. The fold able ones are east to pack in a diaper bag. The single unit covers are more difficult to pack but still less bulky than that portable potty.

Whatever you choose I am sure it will work out fine tho.

Happy Sailing.

I'm personally not a fan of toting ANYTHING that has touched a public toilet in my bag. Yes, they have those cute folding things but really do you want to fold it up and put it in your bag? You just put all of those toilet germs in your bag. Would I want to tote a big potty around all day? No. DD survived the Caribbean just fine without one. (Yes, I'm not found of public toilets and toddlers but there isn't much choice):) Invest in the little disposable toilet seat covers and the portable charmin on a mini-roll. Set the cover on the seat. Assist toddler onto toilet and make the toddler hold onto you not the potty. It works great and you don't have to drag it around.

How old is your child? You really want to warn you child about the toilets on the cruise ship. DD was 2 1/2 (had been on a cruise before) and was terrified of the toilets on the ship. She was flushed by an automatic toilet on the ship and she REFUSED to sit on a toilet the entire trip. (Just picture a small child screaming at the top of lungs trying to escape from the bathroom. It wasn't worth the "trauma." We had no alternative for her so she had to go back to pull-ups for the trip. The minute we got home she was back on our toilet with no problems! Of course it took me two months to get her to use a public potty w/ an automatic flush.:(

I'm personally not a fan of toting ANYTHING that has touched a public toilet in my bag. Yes, they have those cute folding things but really do you want to fold it up and put it in your bag? You just put all of those toilet germs in your bag. Would I want to tote a big potty around all day? No. DD survived the Caribbean just fine without one. (Yes, I'm not found of public toilets and toddlers but there isn't much choice):) Invest in the little disposable toilet seat covers and the portable charmin on a mini-roll. Set the cover on the seat. Assist toddler onto toilet and make the toddler hold onto you not the potty. It works great and you don't have to drag it around.

How old is your child? You really want to warn you child about the toilets on the cruise ship. DD was 2 1/2 (had been on a cruise before) and was terrified of the toilets on the ship. She was flushed by an automatic toilet on the ship and she REFUSED to sit on a toilet the entire trip. (Just picture a small child screaming at the top of lungs trying to escape from the bathroom. It wasn't worth the "trauma." We had no alternative for her so she had to go back to pull-ups for the trip. The minute we got home she was back on our toilet with no problems! Of course it took me two months to get her to use a public potty w/ an automatic flush.:(

Agreed, it is disgusting!

The folding potty seats will fit into a gallon sized ziploc and I am sure that you could bring a small trash bag (like the size they use at work for the trash bins) to put a non folding one in.

Hope that solves the issue for anyone having the same fears/gross out's :D

Does anyone have one of these travel/portable potties http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3132746&CAWELAID=203980398

I'm thinking of buying one so that we are in port, I can have quick access to a clean place for my tot to potty.

I have one that has been all over the world with us and it's wonderful. It weighs nothing, fits great in my backpack and is not only priceless in terms of avoiding germs, but has saved me many times from having to race to find a potty for a toddler who waited too long.

At home it stays in my car for the same reason - we can just pull over and use it and avoid strange, germy potties.

Best,

Mia

We have a Pottette. It folds flat and the child actually "goes" into a bag with an absorbant liner. It is completely portable and self contained so it doesn't touch any public toilet at all and you can just pull over and use it without even looking for a public potty. It is great for toddlers and toilet training but I don't think it would work well for older kids.

We have and absolutely love the Potette. My 3.5 yo (potty trained over a year) still uses it occasionally if we're at a park with no facilities. I think it would be great for a cruise. You can either use it self standing with bags (use grocery bags and maxi pads for absorbancy - cut them in half to save $) or as a seat on the big potty. If you're freaked out about potty germs carry a mini bottle of Lysol in the carrying bag and spray it down before you put it away.

We take ours with us whenever the availability of a real bathroom is questionable. I don't know how we would have lived without it!

Thanks everyone. My daughter just turned 3. When she has to go she has to go. In the grand tradition of tots she waits until the last minute to go and then we have to make a mad dash to the facilities. :) I do use the jumbo liners for the toilet seats but we plan to hike and really tour some of the islands. She always has to go frequently and at the most inopportune times. I'm concerned about the times when we might not even be near a toilet at all. I just thought it would be easier if we could just pull over on the side of the road. Or if we were hiking, voila she has an instant place to pee. It's only $15 bucks so I will probably take a chance. I was just curious if they were effective.

We are going to buy those throw away toilet liners to bring with us. Since our son uses a regular toilet. Never likes a small potty. With the liners it will at least protect him a little bit..and I will make sure to tell him to hold onto me instead of the toilet like he does at home.

Archived