Upsell fairy, she really exists! Deluxe owners suite here we come

slyfox0113

Sailing next Saturday 3/13 on the Gem out of NY to Florida, Bahamas. We were booked in an AE penthouse on the 9th deck. Got the call today if we wanted to upgrade to a A2 Deluxe Owner Suite on Deck 15. The price was too good to pass up. I've read about the upsell fairy and now I know she is really out there. Good luck to all, she may call you too, be ready!.

Any info about the Deluxe Owners Suite would be appreciated.

Sailing next Saturday 3/13 on the Gem out of NY to Florida, Bahamas. We were booked in an AE penthouse on the 9th deck. Got the call today if we wanted to upgrade to a A2 Deluxe Owner Suite on Deck 15. The price was too good to pass up. I've read about the upsell fairy and now I know she is really out there. Good luck to all, she may call you too, be ready!.

congrats on the upsell. We got the same call last November. We were in an AE too. You will be spoiled... Have a great cruise.

congrats on the upsell. We got the same call last November. We were in an AE too. You will be spoiled... Have a great cruise.

Since you stayed in the same suite, am I correct in the fact that there is no elevator, there are stairs leading to the suite and do we overlook the courtyard villa area. I am assuming that is the area they are referring to when they say we have access to the private courtyard.

Since you stayed in the same suite, am I correct in the fact that there is no elevator, there are stairs leading to the suite and do we overlook the courtyard villa area. I am assuming that is the area they are referring to when they say we have access to the private courtyard.

I have not stayed in the suite, but have studied the deck plans and stop-action viewed the MSNBC Cruise, Inc. episode an infinite number of times. I will venture to share what I remember from being up in the courtyard area.

Yes, access to the suite is up a set of stairs from the elevator landing(deck 14) . The picture window inside the suite overlooks the public area swimming pool, as does the outdoor balcony, rather than the private courtyard. Just aft of your balcony area is a wall that separates your balcony/deck from the upper deck of the Garden Villa. Aft of that area is the private sun deck for the Courtyard. From the elevator landing you can go into the private courtyard.

My wife Donna and I had this very same upgrade last year... You are going tolove that suite and the service you will get.

Enjoy it .. Cruising will never be the same...

I tried to find a Deluxe Owners Suite on NCL's website, but only could see a Owners Suite and then Courtyard Villas. Do you know what the catagory code is for a Deluxe Owners Suite?

The e mail I was sent as well as the conversation I had with Pat indicated the category code as an A2 Deluxe Owner Suite. You can see it on the Gem deck plans on Deck 15

I am booked in that Suite too... but have to wait until November! Here's a link to the Gem A2 Suite 15000. http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=73

The biggest difference is this one is based in greens/teal and 15500 is based in purples. We just prefer that side of the ship. so purple it is for us!

You are so going to love it.

Post pics after!

Congrats on upsell. If i am not mistaken you will get 3 bottles of liquor and soda and water in your fridge.

For our first cruise in January 2011 we booked an AD. It took me forever to choose that cabin after all the research I did here in CC.

MY PCC told me to be ready for an upsell call....as these cabins are in high demand and there are only 4 on the Gem.

He said if we get a call that they need to know immediately..so I should have a print out of all the cabins higher than mine along with their prices.

I'm just not sure if I should give it up....as I really have nothing to compare it to....and might always think..."I just should have stayed where I was".

Does anyone ever regret moving? Especially since it does cost more?

Congratulations on the A2 and have a wonderful time!

I am booked in that Suite too... but have to wait until November! Here's a link to the Gem A2 Suite 15000. http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=73

The biggest difference is this one is based in greens/teal and 15500 is based in purples. We just prefer that side of the ship. so purple it is for us!

Post pics after!

Thanks for the pictures. The suite looks gorgeous. I am really psyched now. Ready to go. I will post whatever pictures (which I am sure I will have a million) as soon as I get back. The only problem is I think I am going to be very, very spoiled.

For our first cruise in January 2011 we booked an AD. It took me forever to choose that cabin after all the research I did here in CC.

MY PCC told me to be ready for an upsell call....as these cabins are in high demand and there are only 4 on the Gem.

He said if we get a call that they need to know immediately..so I should have a print out of all the cabins higher than mine along with their prices.

I'm just not sure if I should give it up....as I really have nothing to compare it to....and might always think..."I just should have stayed where I was".

Does anyone ever regret moving? Especially since it does cost more?

Congratulations on the A2 and have a wonderful time!

I was not at all prepared for the upsell fairy to call. I had not done any research about any other cabins. I was happy that we got a pretty good price on the aft penthouse on deck 9 and I even said on the roll call that I would probably not upgrade since this was our first suite. When the call came the selling point for me was the private courtyard. I couldn't pass that up, afterall I may never get the opportunity again and the price of the upsell was very reasonable. You are definitely prepared, I hope the upsell fairy calls. Good luck.

Post pics after!

I just noticed the date of your roll call. We are actually planning on booking that cruise when we return from this one. Plan on using cruise rewards. My dh and I love to cruise, we love the ship, ports are not really that important to us. It is my dh birthday and he wants to cruise again. Since you are in the 15000 suite I may end up in the aft penthouse I started in on my current cruise but who knows maybe the fairy will strike twice. See you on the roll call soon.

Congrats on upsell. If i am not mistaken you will get 3 bottles of liquor and soda and water in your fridge.

Yes we will get three bottles of liquor and replenishing of water and soda in our fridge I was told. So many perks in addition to those it should be a great trip.

Yes we will get three bottles of liquor and replenishing of water and soda in our fridge I was told. So many perks in addition to those it should be a great trip.

Good for you, now make the help work for you and enjoy your cruise.

If you don't feel it is too personal of a question, may I ask how much the cost of your upsell was?

I don't mind at all. We were originally in an aft penthouse suite. It was an additional $749 pp for the Deluxe Owners Suite. I was looking at Courtyard Villas today and the Deluxe Owners Suite for a cruise I would like to take in November and what are paying this trip for the A2 category is much less than I was quoted for November.

Is there a lot of motion up in those high floors? I would love one of those suites but I am always concerned about how much the ship will sway up there.

Thanks,

Katherine

I felt a lot of motion, on a couple of days. But I don't know if it was any better or worse than anyplace else on the ship. There were some tough seas.

I felt a lot of motion, on a couple of days. But I don't know if it was any better or worse than anyplace else on the ship. There were some tough seas.

The Epic will have a lot more motion in the Couryard suites areas than the Jewel class. The more forward you are the more it is for sure. The Couryard areas is all the way forward.

Archived