Scooter with 9 year old Santorini or Mykonos?

alwayslost

I've seen people using ATVs or scooters to roam Santorini and Mykonos. Can and should we rent an ATV or Scooter considering we will be traveling with a 9-year old.

I expect he'll be piggy backing with my hubby and I'll drive separately. My son has never ridden a scooter or ATV before. (Bike yes).

Thank you.

The roads are narrow and windy. I personally would not take the risk of an accident on an island. One of our crew members had a nasty accident on Mykonos; broke his arm and had tons of scrapes etc.

(I know, I know, I am a big chicken).

I am sure others will provide you information on the rentals available and best routes to go.

Kathy

... Scooter with a nine-year-old--not me--not ever.

I was about to say the same thing. I would not even go to the grocery store in my home town with a 9 y o on a scooter!!

Consider even a minor injury, a sprained wrist or a nasty scrape ... and trying to find treatment in a foreign country where you don't speak the language ... too scary for me.

The degree of risk a parent is willing to accept is up to you. You know your own feelings and your own child. I know the choices I made when mine was that age.

Have a GREAT cruise!

The roads in these islands are winding and rather narrow. You should also consider that during summer there is a lot of traffic.

I wouldn’t have a problem driving a scooter or ATV there myself but not with a nine year old child with me. Why don’t you rent a small car? Better safe than sorry.

Archived