Whats the hair situation onboard???

4merlurker

This has probably been asked and answered but well, you try doing a search for "hair" and you'll see why I'm asking again:rolleyes: Anyway, we usually vacation at the beach and the sea air makes it hard for me to do anything with my hair........unless I just pull it all up!

What are your experiences? I'd hate to be all dressed up on formal night and have "yucky" hair ya know?

Any tips?

thanks

~Lurker

During the day, forget it, just pull it up or back or whatever you do, pop a hat or visor on. I always wash my hair in the evening, dry it and style it, it will hold through the evening unless you go up on deck. If it is windy or humid, my hairstyle falls apart.

My hair fits the description of your own except it can be very curly if I put gel in it while it's still wet and scrunch it up with my fingers and let it air dry. My stylist showed me how to make a cute and easy up-do by just putting it in an elastic on top of my head and draping the curls down and tucking them with bobby pins- looks fantastic and takes next to no time!

You might try that, or if it doesn't get that curly, maybe a really pretty barette or comb to pull it back on the crown and let the back hang down. Sometimes in humid weather, wavy, thick hair just needs a bit of extra gel to hold it together.

I always shower and shampoo again in preparation for formal night, so that helps get things back under control.

If you go on HSN and in the search type in pony tails, they have a line of hair attachments that are absolutely great for around $25.00. Their colors are a blend of shades, so you find the shade similiar to your own and because it has several shades it will almost always be a good match. I have several and if I am running late for work, I will use one. For evening wear they can create a nice cascade of curls and no using up valuable cruise time fixing your hair.

Carol

I'm very lazy on vacation. I'll either get my hair braided on the first port (or first day of land vacations) to spare me the hassle/// or have a perma-ponytail, only wearing my curly hair loose (with mousse) in the evenings.

I'm the same Lady Caveat. Last cruise my sister taught me the wonder of hairspray!!! I showered right before dinner, then did my hair and sprayed it solid.:D Didn't move all night and pictures came out fine!

I also did a search and there are a few "de-humidify" products out there. Haven't tried them though.

be glad you don't have my hair, thick, very wavy and frizzy as a frizzy thing! I recommend a good shampoo and conditoner for sleeker hair, a good holiday conditoner and shampoo for removing salt and putting back moisture, some anti-frizz serum, heat product spray and a good shine serum. lots of hairspray, a good crystal clear one works best for me and lots of hope! I know it's a lot, but we girls must suffer for beauty, while the husband looks at his watch! ( I also recommend a balcony cabin to put husband on with a nice drink and a shut door)

be glad you don't have my hair, thick, very wavy and frizzy as a frizzy thing! I recommend a good shampoo and conditoner for sleeker hair, a good holiday conditoner and shampoo for removing salt and putting back moisture, some anti-frizz serum, heat product spray and a good shine serum. lots of hairspray, a good crystal clear one works best for me and lots of hope! I know it's a lot, but we girls must suffer for beauty, while the husband looks at his watch! ( I also recommend a balcony cabin to put husband on with a nice drink and a shut door)

Hmm...our solution is a girl's week. Dad gets to stay home with the dog and Mom, Grandma and I can spend as much time on our hair as we need to!

Archived