Great Bay beach---OK for an infant?

tinaka

This May will be our third time heading to St. Maarten, but our first time with our DS, who will be 1 at the time. We've always stuck to shopping along Front Street and then grabbing some drinks at one of the bars along the beach (boy do I miss "Everyting Cool"), but I'm thinking we may want to spend a short amount of time dipping DSs toes in the water.

We are all very fair skinned, so spending the time to travel to a beach that we are only going to enjoy for a short time doesn't make much sense. So, I was thinking that Great Bay would work, but I've never paid much attention to water depth, sand quality and such.

Anybody have any tips/information?

This May will be our third time heading to St. Maarten, but our first time with our DS, who will be 1 at the time. We've always stuck to shopping along Front Street and then grabbing some drinks at one of the bars along the beach (boy do I miss "Everyting Cool"), but I'm thinking we may want to spend a short amount of time dipping DSs toes in the water.

We are all very fair skinned, so spending the time to travel to a beach that we are only going to enjoy for a short time doesn't make much sense. So, I was thinking that Great Bay would work, but I've never paid much attention to water depth, sand quality and such.

The water slopes quite quickly at Great Bay Beach. Le Gallion is great for small children and there are trees that would provide a nice place for a little nap.

If you're truly thinking of just dipping DSs toes in the water, then Great Bay may be for you, but I wouldn't go in the water there.

If you enjoyed Every'ting Cool, you might enjoy the Get Wet Bar

Down near the Passanggrahan.

gary

If you're truly thinking of just dipping DSs toes in the water, then Great Bay may be for you, but I wouldn't go in the water there.

If you enjoyed Every'ting Cool, you might enjoy the Get Wet Bar

Down near the Passanggrahan.

gary

Thank you much for the info. That picture of Get Wet Bar looks inviting. Is it also along Front Street?

is this the beach right where the ship docks, by the boardwalk area? if it is then it is awesome...i came on to look for the name of it, have been there many times with my children, very calm, warm and close to ship. i was just unsure if celebrity docks the same location as RC. i have had experience with princess docking in different locations.

we are returning there to spend the day. you wont regret it.

G

Archived