Victory Review 2/21....w/PICS

newt98

yea, they weren't really telling me how they really felt.

thanks, we took over 2600, i am bound to get a few good ones in there.

You sound like us... we each take our own camera and then have an underwater camera. :p

so we had a goo day in barbados, it was a nice island. i do wish they would have the band playing at sailaway, i don't really care for the tv being on at the lido when we're taking off. i guess i wish they made a bigger deal about sailaway then they do. i like going on the lido at sailaway, but it's really not any different than any other time on the ship.

we didnt do much once we got back on the ship, i think the dw actually got way too much sun this day, because she wouldnt listen to me when i said to put on sunscreen, so she laid down in bed when we got back to our room. she took a nap, and got a bite to eat, then came back to lay in bed and watch a movie while she napped. but the problem here is that there were no movies playing on their three movies channels all week. the channels gave times that movies were playing daily, every two hours, but i might have seen a movie playing on there maybe three times all week. the rest of the time they are showing previews of movies you can pay per view. so i thought that was kind of crap. i like to lay in bed before i fall asleep watching a movie, or before dinner have a movie on, and they almost never were.

so we went to dinner, but the dw was not feeling too hot from all the sun, so we left early and i took her back to bed. this was supposed to be the night of the deck party, but there would be no deck party for us. but that was fine, i just wanted her to feel better. so she layed down, and i walked the ship for a bit and took some pics, then eventually headed back to the room to lay down and watch a movie, oh yeah, they weren't on, lol. i ended up going to sleep arouind 11:30, about the time the deck party started just above us, and i could here all the music and stuff, but i fell asleep pretty quickly.

the victory in port at barbados

k0se2f.jpg

yea, i know, you idiot, you're going to fall in.

qsqw07.jpg

strawberry cheesecake, texture was not that good.

x5tw5e.jpg

after dinner pic with joe, me, dancer, inder, and ken. joe looks very happy to see the dancer, and i look pretty happy myself!

ayt4br.jpg

i think that's a dog, maybe a hound by the looks of its ears

14izzo8.jpg

Mike thanks for doing this great review. I'm just loving the review and great pictures. My husband and I are doing this cruise in May. Everyday after work I run to the computer to read your posts. It sure make the days go by fast waiting for our cruise. Can't wait to read about your adventures at the next 3 ports. Thanks again, reading your posts is sooooo much better then watching TV. We live in the North so March is such a yucky time of the year for us Northerners. Keep those posts coming.

Love your Barbados pictures. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Susan

thanks, but they are all kind of blue because of my camera settings that day.:o

Mike thanks for doing this great review. I'm just loving the review and great pictures. My husband and I are doing this cruise in May. Everyday after work I run to the computer to read your posts. It sure make the days go by fast waiting for our cruise. Can't wait to read about your adventures at the next 3 ports. Thanks again, reading your posts is sooooo much better then watching TV. We live in the North so March is such a yucky time of the year for us Northerners. Keep those posts coming.

i'm glad you're enjoying it, it's hard to get on here each night and get this thing done.

As amazing as the pictures are, even they don't do justice to these ports of call. You guys are going to have a blast next month. Just wish we could have joined you.

does that mean they're not amazing enough? lol.

what a great review! I love it! Thanks for taking all this time to write it, and for posting your beautiful pictures! Do you know the name of the tour company you went through in Dominica?

i do have the name of the tour guy we used, he gave me his card, check back later, i have to dig it out.

thanks, but they are all kind of blue because of my camera settings that day.:o

i'm glad you're enjoying it, it's hard to get on here each night and get this thing done.

does that mean they're not amazing enough? lol.

Definitely amazing, but can't beat the real thing. This was by far my favorite itinerary. I'm loving your review. It's like reliving the cruise all over again. Keep it coming.

Definitely amazing, but can't beat the real thing. This was by far my favorite itinerary. I'm loving your review. It's like reliving the cruise all over again. Keep it coming.

that is so true, that's one of the great things about doing the review, i get to live it all over again, and stamp evrything i did back into my mind.:D

so we ontinued around twon taking pics. we covered alot of old san juan. we spent two full days just walking around.

one of the old gates at an entry point into the city.

2pr5mpu.jpg

i took about 30 pics of this gate.

yea, i know, another gate pic.

6sykp1.jpg

this place is a small cathedral, it is called Capilla del Cristo, it is closed most of the time nowadays. it is next to the Parque de las Palomas (the pigeon's park).

Here is a photo inside the small cathedral

1484891-Capilla_Del_Cristo-Puerto_Rico.jpg

here are a few pics of the church we walked in to. it was a pretty cool looking church from the inside. it was kind of funny though, when we first walked in, we heard singing. it sounded like they had music coming from a speaker syste, it was like singing you would expect to hear in an old convent or something like that. well as we walked around one of the corners in the church, we realized that the singing was just the cleaning lady singing whil she was cleaning. it was pretty funny, and very beautiful singing.

in the church

2q393q0.jpg

still in church

the man in the picture is the only puerto rican saint recognized by the catholic church, his name is Carlos Manuel. The beatification of Carlos Manuel was done by a good friend of Puerto Rico: Pope John Paul the second during 1997, the Pope visited Puerto Rico in 1984 and gave a mass in Hato Rey. One of his closest assistants inside the catholic church was a puerto rican.

the pope kissing puerto rican land in 1984 during his arrival at san juan international airport October 12, 1984

http://elvisitante.biz/visitante-web/2009/evwebed4109/current/deportada1.jpg

the man in the picture is the only puerto rican saint recognized by the catholic church, his name is Carlos Manuel. The beatification of Carlos Manuel was done by a good friend of Puerto Rico: Pope John Paul the second during 1997, the Pope visited Puerto Rico in 1984 and gave a mass in Hato Rey. One of his closest assistants inside the catholic church was a puerto rican.

the pope kissing puerto rican land in 1984 during his arrival at san juan international airport October 12, 1984

http://elvisitante.biz/visitante-web/2009/evwebed4109/current/deportada1.jpg

very cool, thanks.:D

yea, i know, you idiot, you're going to fall in.

qsqw07.jpg

OKay!!!!! How did you manage this one!!! ??? !!! LOL!! Was it a long jump??? He he he.... my boyfriend would try something like this and freak me out for a second!!!! Was your wife worried for you? That is just a great picture!

OKay!!!!! How did you manage this one!!! ??? !!! LOL!! Was it a long jump??? He he he.... my boyfriend would try something like this and freak me out for a second!!!! Was your wife worried for you? That is just a great picture!

I am really enjoying this review......travelled this same cruise last year and am doing it again.....leaving today for the airport :)

I don't think any jumping is involved, from looking at the picture, I believe that black part he is standing on is attached to the pier and the ship is right up snug against it. Great pic, still wouldn't have the nerve to do that though :)

i'm just standing on the black bumper that is stationary, and i only had to step out to it to get there. my wife wasnt really that concerned, and she usually is.

I am really enjoying this review......travelled this same cruise last year and am doing it again.....leaving today for the airport :)

I don't think any jumping is involved, from looking at the picture, I believe that black part he is standing on is attached to the pier and the ship is right up snug against it. Great pic, still wouldn't have the nerve to do that though :)

Oh, seee now... I will have to look more closely to how the ship is "parked" next time!!!!! Yeap... I wouldn't have the nerve, I am sooo clumsy... I would fall in for sure!

i'm just standing on the black bumper that is stationary, and i only had to step out to it to get there. my wife wasnt really that concerned, and she usually is.

Seee... I guess... I never really pay attention!!! I need too though!!! It looks like it is a gap in between the ship and the dock.... I really love that picture...

Archived