Miracle 4/15/2010 NYC to Bermuda

lynpat

Excited for my cruise, but when I go on the carnival website, I can not see shore excursions for Sunday 4/18. Any one else having this problem? I also haven't sailed Carnival in almost 2 years, and I understand they no longer mail us our documents. How do we obtain our luggage tags. Does any one know how many formal nights are on this 6 night cruise? Or what night(s) that would be? I want to book Nick and Nora's but don't want to overlap with a formal night. Anyone have any suggestions for great things to do in Bermuda? I know, alot of questions, thanks for any advice.

My Dh and myself are on that cruise. I also cannot see excursions for Sunday. Google tours for King's Wharf, Bermuda. You can book your own for Sunday with no worry about the time, as we don't leave till Monday. April is whale watching month so there are bound to be tours for that and the Wharf does not close on Sunday. Here's an interesting site for whales

You can print your funpass and documents, such as luggage tags, from the documents section of your reservation at Carnival.com. Once you have printed the tags, fold them on the indicated lines, write your name in the space indicated and encase them in clear packing tape. Punch a hole in both ends and attach to luggage handle, using zip ties.

thanks for the info. Have you traveled to Bermuda before? How do you think the weather will be? I will be traveling with my Husband and 2 daughters ages 17 and 14. Looking forward to it after the winter in NY

I have not been to Bermuda before. I just read these boards a lot. I think we can hope for 70 degrees, both temp. and water temp. My Dh is not really keen on the whale tour. He does a lot of fishing in Nj where we live and thinks a 65foot humpback, weighing 30 tons might be something better viewed from the beach. I will still try to convince him to take the tour. We saw whales in HI and AL. I am the real fan of whale watching and will still push for the boat trip. If I can't convince him to go, there's a beach on the West end called whale Beach and I guess we will go there to see the big guys. another helpful website - Bermuda.pdf (application/pdf Object)

.....the weather was absolutely gorgeous. A few of things;

1. If you are there on Satuday and want to by duty free liquor, you have to do so before 3 PM. They deliver the stuff to the ship and after 3 PM you can't get the duty free price anymore.

2. Where Carnival docks at the Royal Navy Shipyards there really is not too much over there. You have to take a 20 - 30 minute ferry ride to other places on the island.

3. On Sunday, there is not a whole lot of places open. One of the only spots we found open was a bar watching English soccer games.

wasiii

It appears that Bermuda takes it easy on Sunday. It sounds like a good day to go walkabout with a camera [bus pass makes it easier] and possibly check out the local cuisine. If you chase the little white ball, there may be courses open.

did you use the buses or cabs? I had a horrible moped accident on our honeymoon, so I doubt I will try that again!

We bought the multiple day bus passes, and used the busses and ferries. Very convenient.

Archived