Port Everglades Parking Fee

mollybax

La Quinta hotels nationwide have a reputation for attracting a seedy crowd, due to their bargain rates.

I would definitely NOT leave my car in a La Quinta lot overnight, much less for the duration of a cruise.

Color me seedy together with another 75 passengers or so on Celebrity, HAL and Princess cruises who also took the free shuttles to the port. :cool:

I'm not sure if our car is considered Handicapped adapted. We have a large rack we had added to the car to carry my husbands scooter on the back of the car and we do have a handicapped placard for the car for parking. For the cruise, he will be using my smaller scooter because his is too large for the ship and the hallways. Any idea if this is considered handicapped adapted?

I am not sure if that qualifies. You could call the Port Authority and ask - but often you get different answers from different people. You might have to just wait until you exit the garage and ask then - and be prepared to pay the $15/day.

I know "adapted" means things like hand controls [brakes on the steering wheel] and the hydraulic ramps. Not sure of the other definitions.

Just found this on the DMV site: The law requires the free parking be maintained only for those vehicles with ramps, lifts, hand controls or State of Florida toll exemption permits.

I went to the Park N Fly link mentioned above via the HAL site, went to booking and the priced quoted was $111 for our 10 night cruise. Nowhere was there a place noting a day free or even Holland America - it was just the Park N Fly site.

I went to Park N GO and was quoted a rate of $105 with a AAA card.

I still don't understand the "free day" from HAL - seems like there should be a promotion code or coupon. Of course, maybe this was WITH the free day.

My quote did not "show" the discount either until the final payment page. I checked the rates without the discount and it was higher.

"My quote did not "show" the discount either until the final payment page. I checked the rates without the discount and it was higher."

Thanks Susan. So you have to actually book and then the discount shows up? Seems like you should know the price BEFORE you book.

Archived