References about Your Lucky tour

Ghan27

We just returned from our Island Princess cruise 2/18-2/28 and had Eduardo as our guide in Limon. He met us at the dock upon arrival and had a nice air conditioned van for the 6 of us. We went to Veragua Rain Forest (expect bumpy roads) and then he took us to a canopy tour where we saw monkeys, a toucan and iguanas. Afterwards we toured some of the sites of the city including the banana plantation. Eduardo made our stop in Costa Rica a memorable one and we would definitely recommend him.

My husband and I and 5 other friends had a wonderful day with Eduardo Humphreys from YOUR LUCKY TOUR at Costa Rica on Jan. 20, 20ll. He was just outside the port gate holding a sign with my name on it. We joined him on a very nice small bus that can seat as many as 28 passengers. It was a comfortable ride with nice air conditioning. Our first stop was the roadside fruit stand where we got to sample a number of different fresh fruits. YUM! (there was a box on the table for donations if you wish to contribute) We were also greeted by a couple of pretty little girls offering hibiscus flowers to the ladies in our group (we gave them some change in appreciation.) Eduardo showed us a pod from the cocoa plants and told us how it becomes cocoa. A young boy had a good-size 3-toed sloth hanging from a rod that we got to take photos of up close. From there we left the fruit stand and drove to the canals to ride the riverboat. Our driver was Rupert and he was a cool guy with a good eye for spotting wildlife as was Eduardo. We rode a long way up the canal and they pointed out quite a number of wildlife for us to see and photograph. We saw howler monkey's up in the trees as well a two-toed and three-toed sloths, a big snake up on a branch, a cayman (small variety of croc) some Jesus Christ Lizards --they actually walk on water! Also saw a few different kinds of birds (but no toucan :-( . After the canal trip we went to the banana plantation and walked on the path through the trees and then watched how they are processed for shipping. Next we stopped at Playa Bonita Beach where we went to the upper level of the open air restaurant where we bought our own lunch (Eduardo was right there to help with the ordering) We were supposed to stop at a small coffee farm and then stop to buy coffee, but though conversation with Eduardo we found out that he and his family share the same faith as us so we skipped the last to stops and stopped for a short visit with his wife and son and then a stop at the local Kingdom Hall where we met other spiritual friends. For us that is very special and it also shows that Eduardo can easily adjust to the needs of each group that tours with him. His English is excellent and he is a funny man who shares good jokes. I would highly recommend him to anyone and would certainly tour with him again.

Which of his tours was this that you went on?

Hi,

How long did it take you to get to the rainforest from the port? and did you have to wait on a line before getting on the tram? and if so how long?

Cruisebrush,

This was the information luckytour emailed to me when I inquired about the rainforest.

Tour to

Veragua Rainforest - 6 hours

($105.00/person where $65.00/person admission fee is included)

With world-class facilities, astonishing natural beauty, and a commitment to conservation and scientific research, Veragua Rainforest is the place to visit. Admission fees and lunch included in the tour price.

The price for Veragua Rainforest and Canal is $ 125 p / p. (This is a offer). You can write at Cruise Critic Roll call about your tour, if you get 4 or more the price will be $115 p/p.

Kind Regards

E. Humphreys

we just booked the canal/ banana plantation tour with eduardo of YLT for november 2011. his attention to customer service has already won me over. he e-mailed me back within a half hour of my first e-mail to him and has called and e-mailed me again. his prices seem very reasonable and he wants to accommodate us to have a great experience. with all the great references and our own personal experience so far, we look forward to a wonderful day in costa rica.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bad experience with Your Lucky Tour. My group was assigned a tour guide that did not speak much English. She was however a very kind person and tried hard. We did not get an explanation of the local area as we normally have in other countries we have visited. Our questions also went unanswered. So there was no commentary as we traveled in our private van.

I had a bad experience with Your Lucky Tour. My group was assigned a tour guide that did not speak much English. She was however a very kind person and tried hard. We did not get an explanation of the local area as we normally have in other countries we have visited. Our questions also went unanswered. So there was no commentary as we traveled in our private van.

May I ask where the tour went? Did you make it back on time?

Out trip is still very far away, but what we are interest in is the Jaguar Recovery Center - which is not offered by the cruise line. Both JJ and YLT offer it, just trying to decide which is safer. Do not want to miss the ship.

May I ask where the tour went? Did you make it back on time?

Out trip is still very far away, but what we are interest in is the Jaguar Recovery Center - which is not offered by the cruise line. Both JJ and YLT offer it, just trying to decide which is safer. Do not want to miss the ship.

deb63, the tour went to the Veragua rain forest and the Tortuguero canal. The rain forest and the canal had very good guides that spoke English. The only problem we had was the tour guide YLT provided us with for the van ride to and from the sites. We did make it back in time.

deb63, the tour went to the Veragua rain forest and the Tortuguero canal. The rain forest and the canal had very good guides that spoke English. The only problem we had was the tour guide YLT provided us with for the van ride to and from the sites. We did make it back in time.

Thank you. I appreciate the honest feedback.

¡anyone can help! I need references of this company

Very good company. Eduardo is the best, good tour guide and very informative. Very quick to reply to e-mails, will even call you to verify.

Would highly recommend him and his company for a tour of the area.:)

• 1 month later...

We used YLT a couple of weeks ago and had Pablo as our guide. It was a fantastic experience from initial contact. We had prearranged our itinerary over the phone and email with Eduardo. Pablo met us at the port and answered all our questions before departing. Went to zip line, Tortuguero River, the banana plantation, Playa Bonita and had some shopping time in Limon. Definitely recommended!

Joey M.

• 1 month later...

We had Eduardo on our Costa Rica tour on July 6. He was fantastic. Called me to confirm everything, emailed me with details, even when the schedule changed - he did a fantastic job! Met us at the gate, got us on the air conditioned bus, answered all our questions. Our group did the zipline in the Rainforest, the Canal, then the beach. Then he even stopped for us to buy coffee! This was a very interesting, fun and economical tour. Got us back safe and sound to the pier in plenty of time. Would recommend to anyone!

Archived