Spirit- to Mexican Rivera- Point loma?

CRUISING71

Hello,

I have read a few reviews for the Spirit going to Mexican Rivera. The reviewers wrote that it is always rough sea leaving San Diego port going past Point Loma area.

Is it always rough sea at Point Loma or is it depends on the weather and mother nature?

Where is Point Loma?!

Thanks,

Tibby

Hello,

I have read a few reviews for the Spirit going to Mexican Rivera. The reviewers wrote that it is always rough sea leaving San Diego port going past Point Loma area.

Is it always rough sea at Point Loma or is it depends on the weather and mother nature?

Where is Point Loma?!

Thanks,

Tibby

It is not always rough past Point Loma, only during the storms.

Point Loma is the west site of San Diego Harbor, it is a high peninsula that protects the San Diego Harbor.

Many times the ocean is almost flat and you will have no problem.

I've cruised on the Spirit many times, the latest in Dec/Jan. I have never experienced rough seas. Especially going out of the bay or past Point Loma. It does get windy and chilly so take a sweater, light jacket.

Dont miss the sunset.. It's beautiful!

We were on the Radiance of the Seas beginning of January for a Mexican cruise. The seas were very nice on the way out, but a little rough on the way in 10 days later. There was a storm in the north Pacific that was affecting the seas. No one paid any attention to it. Everyone was on deck getting a sun burn (I got mine!), or eating too much (did that, too), reading, but not paying any attention to the seas. The Radiance is the same size as the Spirit, which we will be on in December. You forget you are on a ship, the darn things are so big!!!

During the rest of the cruise, the seas were calm enough to water ski on!

We have sailed out of and therefore into San Diego 4 times. I really haven't noticed that the seas are rough. I have however sailed out of San Diego many times on fishing boats. The nickname for the area near the Coronado Island is "Pukey Point".

Well deserved I understand. Rough waters.

Down stream on the cruise ships it doesn't seem to be too bad, but on the way back it seems to be fighting the current. Seas can be a little rough on the way back. Most have their "sealegs" by then.

;)Is the farthest out tip of land in San Diego as you go out to sea. It is military porperty of the Navy. My dads last duty station before retiremont was PSD Point Loma. Theres a Light House at the end. Quite pretty.

Archived