best way to experience DRFalls & Mystic Mt

sherX2

Trying to decide if we should go with the ship excursion or do it on our own and I have lots of questions.

We will be arriving in Montego Bay. How far/long of a drive is it to the falls?

Are the falls and Mystic Mt close or at the same location?

We are a group of 5. Will it be difficult to just get off the ship and get a van taxi? Price?

It does not appear that the falls or Mystic Mt requires advance reservations. Is this correct?

All advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Trying to decide if we should go with the ship excursion or do it on our own and I have lots of questions.

We will be arriving in Montego Bay. How far/long of a drive is it to the falls?

Are the falls and Mystic Mt close or at the same location?

We are a group of 5. Will it be difficult to just get off the ship and get a van taxi? Price?

It does not appear that the falls or Mystic Mt requires advance reservations. Is this correct?

All advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

I've done a lot of research on this but we are arriving at Ocho so things will for sure be different for you. We are spending our day in Ocho with Phil Lafayette tours. I don't know if he (or his daughter) will come to Montego Bay to pick you up but it would be worth it to call or email him. Even if he doesn't come to Mo Bay I'm sure he would be glad to give you some advice on how to accomplish your desired itinerary. If you write him, he will call you back, for sure. I would post a link here but I don't think it is allowed in the forum. Just do a search for Phil Lafayette Tours on google and you will find his web site and contact info.

Everything I've read says it is best to get to DRF early, and Phil backed this up when we last spoke. This is going to be hard for you, coming from Mo Bay. It is my understanding that Mystic is close to DRF and easy to get to (as opposed to Chukka).

I don't think you will need advance reservations for either. Even if you are coming from Mo Bay I would bet that you will have no problem doing DRF and Mystic with time to spare. Finally, I'd bet that if you do a search on tripadvisor.com you will find a guide based in Mo Bay that will customize an excursion to your liking.

Good luck!

Mark

Archived