Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel

We have booked the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver after our cruise in late August 2010. It is such a convenient location after disembarking - just a short hop to the hotel.

I see that the Fairmont Pacific Rim has opened nearby and it sounds gorgeous - I wouldn't mind trying it instead. I haven't been to Vancouver since the Pacific Rim was built. From the website photo it looks fairly close to the Waterfront.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone in Vancouver, or anyone who's been there recently... would the Fairmont Pacific Rim be as convenient as the Waterfront when disembarking at the Canada Place Pier? Or would it be more difficult to get to the Pacific Rim with your luggage, etc.?

The Pacific Rim just sneaked open days before the Olympics so it is not likely that you are going to get any reviews this soon, however in the tradition of Fairmont I am sure it will be lovely. The Pan Pacific and Faimont's Waterfont are just a lttle more convenient to Canada Place than the Pacific Rim which is about a block west. I would contact the hotel to see if they will be offering a luggage transfer from Canada Place and if so....we will look forward to your review.:)

I was thinking the same thing..... It's a Fairmont, so you can't really go wrong!

I've had both good and bad Fairmont experiences. For me, the bad ones are usually associated with those properties that are older and in need of renovations yet charging big bucks. For instance, at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver up the street, some of the rooms are really tired and look like they need a good scrub and a facelift. However the Pacific Rim is brand new so I'm assuming there won't be any cleanliness issues.

There are a small number of reviews on the Fairmont Pacific Rim on a major travel website already and the reviews are excellent. I am more concerned about whether it will be a pain getting over to it from the pier... i.e. too far to walk with a ton of luggage but too short to take a taxi. Thanks for the suggestion about asking about luggage transfer services, I think I'll call them.

Archived