Review of Oasis - 1st Cruise Ever

People can have their own opinions but like I have seen on some of the posts are indeed "Plants" to stir the pot. To dislike so many things would prove that they are either ignorant to what was included on a cruise or they just hate everything.

Trust Me! This ship is everything that the 95% positive attitude cruisers have said it was - absolutely wonderful!

OMG......We just left Oasis Saturday and we are still talking about it. The EXACT opposite of your review. We loved Richard Spacey...high energy and kept you laughing. This was our 8th cruise and we are in our 50s we party and do it all and this ship has it

ALL. Had no problem getting chairs at 10 30 a.m. plenty to be had. The deck patrol made sure no one hogged the chairs all day. Since you are in the Carribean we would not want a hot tub too warm. Not like at home. The hot tubs are cantilevered over the sides of the ship...awesome......We laughed and enjoyed all aspects of the ship. Elevators were there in less than a minute . Why the stairs ?? Hairspray was a bit long...just like the broadway play. Ice show just plain great Alexandra did the sand shapes with her hands ...you will be wowed....so maybe he was not on the Oasis . LOL you have to work pretty hard not to have a good time on this ship. It has it ALL and then some. Did I mention the beef sandwiches at the Park Cafe ? We had them every day for lunch ...hungry or not. Breakfast is free at Johnny Rockets and rarely busy. Custom made to order. Yummy. So pay no mind...it is one amazing ship. Midnight on the Oasis....we were humming it all week. Had to laugh in St. Martin of course we tower over all the other ships...next to Aida Avita....their top deck maybe 12 stories up is naked and yes everyone walking by did a double take and quickly started filming....Too funny !!

I have seem MANY MANY people rave about the roast beef sandwichs at Park Cafe and the DH and I have decided that is the FIRST thing we are getting when we board in September :)

Hilarious! How can you refute someones opinion? That sounds ridiculous as opinions differ. Sorry you may be a fanatic, a loyal royal, but some people aren't. The arrogance of some of you fans are overwhelming. Listen, some people do not like cruising. At least the OP tried cruising before bashing it like other people I know. And he also found some things he liked. Once again, cruising isn't for everyone. So please stop trying to prove his opinion wrong, its immature and impossible!

And to OP, im sorry that cruising isnt what you expected. You'd probably like an all inclusive land vacation. It provides you with tons of freedom that you state you need. I personally enjoy cruising. I love to be in different places on a daily basis.

When Oasis drops her prices, I'll be onboard fighting those crowds, loving it. Take care dude.

No, I'm not a Royal fanatic. I just happen to like what they offer a this time.

For you to label my reply as arrogant is actually a reflection of your own arrogance in thinking that an opinion cannot be refuted.

I don't need to prove anything, I just post what is "my" opinion. As so happens, many others more shared my conclusion that "refutes" the OPs conclusion. You see how I used that :rolleyes:

My wife and I will be cruising on the Oasis this May 15th and can't wait to go. We booked a loft suite to go with the anticipation of the new ship.

We have been on twelve previous cruises, with Royal Caribbean being the most traveled cruise line. We have been on almost every size of ship, including a five masted sail ship, and loved each one. We often say that the first cruise someone takes will be their best, however, it sounds like this OP won't be saying that!

We know two types of people -- those who love to cruise and those who would rather sit on a beach for a week at some hotel or resort. It is a shame that the OP sounded like he is of the latter. My suggestion is that he give it one more try. Even the worst cruise ship we have been on is still one of the best vacations we have taken.

A quick story... our first cruise was on the Song of America when it was fairy new. We thought that cruise was like going to heaven. Great food, great sights, great people, great entertainment -- great everything! There was an elderly woman on board and every time we saw her she was complaining about something. She said the food was horrible, there was nothing to do, she couldn't stand anyone on board and so on. In her case, she might have been a long-time traveller who was comparing this ship to others she had been on, but, I think she was just a complainer. Even with her on board, we had a wonderful time and loved everything.

Have we ever complained about something on one of our cruises? Of course! Who hasn't? However, this doesn't take away what cruising is all about... a great vacation, for a reasonable price. And remember, you only have to unpack once!

My wife and I will be cruising on the Oasis this May 15th and can't wait to go. We booked a loft suite to go with the anticipation of the new ship.

We have been on twelve previous cruises, with Royal Caribbean being the most traveled cruise line. We have been on almost every size of ship, including a five masted sail ship, and loved each one. We often say that the first cruise someone takes will be their best, however, it sounds like this OP won't be saying that!

We know two types of people -- those who love to cruise and those who would rather sit on a beach for a week at some hotel or resort. It is a shame that the OP sounded like he is of the latter. My suggestion is that he give it one more try. Even the worst cruise ship we have been on is still one of the best vacations we have taken.

A quick story... our first cruise was on the Song of America when it was fairy new. We thought that cruise was like going to heaven. Great food, great sights, great people, great entertainment -- great everything! There was an elderly woman on board and every time we saw her she was complaining about something. She said the food was horrible, there was nothing to do, she couldn't stand anyone on board and so on. In her case, she might have been a long-time traveller who was comparing this ship to others she had been on, but, I think she was just a complainer. Even with her on board, we had a wonderful time and loved everything.

Have we ever complained about something on one of our cruises? Of course! Who hasn't? However, this doesn't take away what cruising is all about... a great vacation, for a reasonable price. And remember, you only have to unpack once!

Very first vacation for the DH and I (before we married) was to Cancun and even though the room was mediocre at best, the hallway had some strange smell every time we go off the elevator, I got a stomach bug that hit me at Senor Frogs and I spent about an hour thinking I was going to die in the bathroom, and some waiter at the dance club tried to steal my credit card and driver's license, it was still an AWESOME vacation because I was with my soul mate and best friend. We laughed at all the misadventures and enjoyed our wonderful time together. Okay, so you can get some idea of how bad the food was in Cancun, everyone on the plane back was exclaiming about how good the airplane food was. Oh, and I got bit on the top of the head by a Parrot - good times, good times :D

MORAL of the story "no matter where you go, there you are". Whether you have a good time or a bad time is entirely up to you.

Since this seemed to be OP's 6th post I wanted to read the others. Well, everyone of his posts has it as being the 6th post. Am I seeing this correctly? Is that why there is a 66 after his name? Some sort of joke? Help me out here, not trying to discount what he posted, just a little odd.

Archived