My Atlantis Dilemma

zebb

A friend and I are deciding whether we want to go to the Atlantis Waterpark while we are in Nassau. I have a couple of reservations and hoping for advice:D! I've ready a lot of stuff about Atlantis, but haven't really found anything that speaks to this so specifically...

We arrive at 11 a.m. (Carnival Pride) on April 29 (a Thursday). I'm wondering whether the weather is usually fine enough for a day at a waterpark that time of year, about how long it should take us to get to Atlantis, about whether tickets are likely still available and whether it's worth the money (I know, that's subjective...) for the 5 or so hours we'd be there (my understanding is the waterpark closes around 5 pm). How long are lines usually? Would we get on many slides/activities in that time?

Thanks anyone for sound council!

A friend and I are deciding whether we want to go to the Atlantis Waterpark while we are in Nassau. I have a couple of reservations and hoping for advice:D! I've ready a lot of stuff about Atlantis, but haven't really found anything that speaks to this so specifically...

We arrive at 11 a.m. (Carnival Pride) on April 29 (a Thursday). I'm wondering whether the weather is usually fine enough for a day at a waterpark that time of year, about how long it should take us to get to Atlantis, about whether tickets are likely still available and whether it's worth the money (I know, that's subjective...) for the 5 or so hours we'd be there (my understanding is the waterpark closes around 5 pm). How long are lines usually? Would we get on many slides/activities in that time?

Thanks anyone for sound council!

The weather SHOULD be better by the end of April. Let's hope so. This has been a very cold winter.

It should take you about an hour to disembark, grab a cab and get to the front desk at Atlantis. Cabs are waiting outside the port for $5pp.

Keep in mind that "rush hour" getting back over the bridge starts around 4:30 - 6:30, and the ride back can take 40 - 60 minutes in traffic.. so leave yourself plenty of time.

Some slides have lines, some don't. This time of year, they should only be 10-20 minutes at the most mid day.

Only you can decide whether a water park is worth this kind of money. Personally, I don't.

Archived