flights from lax

referee

We're in the process of making flight arrangements for our trip home after the Mariner. Realistically, what are our chances in making a 10:10 am flight out of LAX if were one of the first ones off the ship? DW thinks we can do it, i'm the worrier Thanks

the last time I flew out of LAX, I got there 1 hour 45 minutes early and almost missed my flight.

if you could get out by 7, get on a cab right away, and have no issues with security shouldn't be a problem.

I assume you are coming in on a Saturday or a Sunday, so traffic shouldn't be an issue--but you can't plan for accidents.

We're in the process of making flight arrangements for our trip home after the Mariner. Realistically, what are our chances in making a 10:10 am flight out of LAX if were one of the first ones off the ship? DW thinks we can do it, i'm the worrier Thanks

You and your wife have to be praying to the Murphy's Law gods that nothing goes wrong. For example:

1) If the ship gets into port late.

2) If customs and immigrations decides that this sailing will be one for full screening (or if the crew goes through the whole checking out)

3) If you have trouble getting land transportation

4) If there's any accidents, construction, even a driver pulled over causing a looky look situation, on the 405. Even if it's Sunday, it happens.

5) Long security lines at the airport

These are the reasons why RC and the other cruiselines recommend booking flights after 1pm. You might be able to do it, but everything has to fall into place.

Almost zero..... I fly from LAX and security can be 20 minutes up to one hour depending on the terminal and airline.

I general first people don't get off the ship until one hour after docking. Last time in San Perdo it took a good half hour to get through immigration and customs. Maybe they streamlined it in the last two years.

Do you intend on taking a cab from port to LAX??

There is a good reason that the cruise lines recommend not booking a flight out of LAX before 12 noon. You are very likely to NOT make this flight. Book something later, or stay over a day and take that flight the next morning.

Archived