Unique Photos

PineappleGal

I love this thread. Let's keep it alive.

December 2009, we were doing the southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. Loved, loved our room steward. He was so much fun.

As we were leaving for dinner and evening festivities one evening, my husband told him to come up with a "unique" "out of the box" towel animal.

After dinner, I ran back to the cabin to use the restroom and grab my camera. I zipped into the bathroom not paying attention to much. I came out and caught sight of our towel animal:

IMG_9653.jpg

not all that unique. I then turned around to grab my camera and let out a blood-curdling scream. This is what I saw:

IMG_9655.jpg

I thought for sure someone was under my bed. After the initial shock, I started laughing so hard. I went out onto the balcony still laughing and the neighbors leaned over to make sure I was okay. So, naturally, I invited everyone in to see MY towel animal. Our steward had used a pair of husbands pants, shoes, and lots of towels. what fun! First time I had this kind of towel animal.

Well, that is my unique photo.

jpd

December 2009, we were doing the southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. Loved, loved our room steward. He was so much fun.

As we were leaving for dinner and evening festivities one evening, my husband told him to come up with a "unique" "out of the box" towel animal.

After dinner, I ran back to the cabin to use the restroom and grab my camera. I zipped into the bathroom not paying attention to much. I came out and caught sight of our towel animal:

IMG_9653.jpg

not all that unique. I then turned around to grab my camera and let out a blood-curdling scream. This is what I saw:

IMG_9655.jpg

I thought for sure someone was under my bed. After the initial shock, I started laughing so hard. I went out onto the balcony still laughing and the neighbors leaned over to make sure I was okay. So, naturally, I invited everyone in to see MY towel animal. Our steward had used a pair of husbands pants, shoes, and lots of towels. what fun! First time I had this kind of towel animal.

jpd

OK, now I'm jealous!!!!! I want that steward!!! I've had some really cool towel animals, but never anything this good. :D:D

This was fun. When I finally made it back to the dining room (after visit with neighbors and a glass of wine to settle nerves), I told husband and tablemates about it and showed the photograph. They all wanted to see it.

So, we finished up and headed down to our room. That started an evening we would not forget and establishing some great friendships. We had so much fun that night because of our steward "thinking out of the box".

: )

IMG_9655.jpg

jpd

You know, as funny as this is (and it IS pretty funny :D) there's something creepy about a room steward rummaging through my pants that makes me a bit uncomfortable.:eek:

Edited by Spudhunter

This was fun. When I finally made it back to the dining room (after visit with neighbors and a glass of wine to settle nerves), I told husband and tablemates about it and showed the photograph. They all wanted to see it.

So, we finished up and headed down to our room. That started an evening we would not forget and establishing some great friendships. We had so much fun that night because of our steward "thinking out of the box".

: )

I agree! Some small action can really "make" a cruise. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I cruise next week and this story has really gotten me excited! I can't expect anything as cool as this, but maybe, just maybe, something else will make my cruise special.:D

On John Heald's blog the other day, some woman complained about the room steward hanging a towel "monkey". Said it scared her when she walked into the room. She said it took her "hours" to calm down. This would have sent her over the railing.

His response was amazingly subdued. I bet he was thinking that the woman was a complete moron.:eek:

You know, as funny as this is (and it IS pretty funny :D) there's something creepy about a room steward rummaging through my pants that makes me a bit uncomfortable.:eek:

Okay, first I need to know, are you wearing the pants when this occurs?

welldone- My towel animal sent me straight to the wine bottle! I have had the hanging monkey thingy...it could be kind of creepy, but I think the woman you referenced doesn't like to have fun and certainly no sense of humor.

cuizer....So, that was why my husband was pantless that evening. Being blonde, I never put it all together! silly duck....husband leaves clothes laying all over the place. I feel I have to pick up before the steward can even come into the cabin!

It became a game after that night. The next night was the guy under the bed. The final night I didn't see a towel animal and i decided that our steward didn't have time to play...until I opened the bathroom door, and there hung the monkey! It was startling to say the least! It was such a fun cruise.

338567762_Cruise2009341.jpg.cc9cc0e38e602c2ee2f5f77c2d117542.jpg

1290971120_Cruise2009357.jpg.cb914cf9e0f0e1127e8848fb1bb17fee.jpg

It became a game after that night. The next night was the guy under the bed. The final night I didn't see a towel animal and i decided that our steward didn't have time to play...until I opened the bathroom door, and there hung the monkey! It was startling to say the least! It was such a fun cruise.

How fun was this room steward!!!!! I have so enjoyed all the towel animals on my cruises.

IMG_9655.jpg

jpd

This is an all time best! I hope you gave him a big tip

Royaltmom- that was a GREAT towel animal! Too funny....I love things like that. People with a sense of humor and creativity.

nana & poppa - we always tip more than the automated tips, but yes he got an extra big one. He really was an integral part of our memories of that trip. My photos scroll on my PC at work as a screen saver and whenever that one pops up and someone is in my office, I have to explain it and everyone always gets a chuckle.

So, let's see more!! We need photos!

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - on the Conquest May 2010.

Cruisevacation5-17thru5-23-10176.jpg?t=1287689467

Call me a pervert if you like, but I believe I have a new favorite picture. ;) ;) :rolleyes: :D

Joking aside, from the smiles on your faces it look like you ladies had a great cruise. :)

How fun was this room steward!!!!! I have so enjoyed all the towel animals on my cruises.

Same with us. :) Strangely, though, the most fun we had was our cruise where the room steward was completely inept at making towel animals. He even failed at making a snake! :D It became a game each night of trying to figure out what in the heck they were. :confused: :D

Edited by Dave Wojo