Questions about the Jewel

Joecadd8269

Does anyone have copies of the daily activity newsletters from the Jewel

Florida Bahammas cruise. we are going May 1st and I am trying to get a heads up on what activities will be offered. Also any recommendations would be great.

I have cruised 30+ times with RCCl and Celebrity but this is our 1st with NCL.

I feel like I am a rookie again hahaha

As a veteran of 30 cruises, I think you will find similar things. Might be a bit less in the lecture/education area, but very similar. I have seen some postings of the dailies here from time to time. They all seem to be the same - LOL!

The ship will have not completed her FIRST rotation from NYC by the time you sail as a result I couldn't begin to tell you the order of events onboard but I can tell you if you are sailing on the Jewel that she has three main shows produced by the Jean Ann Ryan Company. "Band on the Run" is a 70's theme show with music from that era. "Country Gold" is a production about country music stars and country music of sorts. "Cirque Bijoux" is the best production on the ship and usually held for the last or second to last night onboard and that is incredible. It's Cirque. Nothing more I can say there.

Her other entertainers do vary depending on the time of year you are going. I know that the comedian Tim Kaminski just returned from his vacation so he should be still onboard for your sailing as well. He's a great guy and is everywhere on the ship when he is not performing. I would strongly suggest you take in his show if he's still onboard. I"m happy he's back for next week's Jewel cruise!

There is a White Hot Party as well and that will also vary for your sailing. It had been on Wednesday night before but it was recently moved to Monday night. There is Bingo everyday too if that is your thing.

Hope all this helps! :D

I just returned from that itinerary but on the Gem. Its likely that the activities are similar so if you think it would be of help to you, I can give you that info. Up to you!

You are in for a treat. We are big fans of freestyle (NCL) but did try a RCCL last fall just in case we were missing out or something. We sure were thrilled to be back on NCL last week :)

I just returned from that itinerary but on the Gem. Its likely that the activities are similar so if you think it would be of help to you, I can give you that info. Up to you!

You are in for a treat. We are big fans of freestyle (NCL) but did try a RCCL last fall just in case we were missing out or something. We sure were thrilled to be back on NCL last week :)

I would love any info you have would be great. I was thinking the to sailings would be very similar.

thanks for any info you have.

I actually saved all of the Freestyle Daily papers and my husband is the computer guy in our household so I will see if he can scan them and I can post a link or something. (Hopefully that was at least the correct jargon).

Here's an example for you in the meantime: Day One at Sea included the following: Early Morning Stretch, Yoga (fee), Group Tennis, Pilates (fee), Group Wii, Spiritual Service, Gaming Lessons, Stress Reduction Workshop, Bridge (the card game) Get together, Intro to Accupuncture, Tanzanite Gem Seminar, Flatter Stomach Seminar, Trivia Contest, Group Shuffleboard, Kid's Soccer, Texas Hold 'em Tourney, Bingo, Art History, NCL U Sushi & Sake (fee), and Book Review Club .... note that this takes you up to 11:30 am and doesn't include the afternoon or evening activities.

totally agree about TIM he is a GREAT GUY and ENTERTAINER...we thought HE was our CD cos he was EVERYWHERE and doing a GREAT JOB--on our sailing the CD and his staff pretty much lacked but TIM made up for them ALL...and the CIRQ show FANTASTIC....dont sit down front--sit about 10-15 rows back or so right in the middle

be sure to go to the M&G and meet the HD-JOHN O'HARA...ANOTHER GREAT GUY!!!!

My better half thinks that the easiest method for doing this would be via email. I will be happy to email the scanned files to you; you can message me through this forum with your email address or you can post it, whichever works best for you!!

My better half thinks that the easiest method for doing this would be via email. I will be happy to email the scanned files to you; you can message me through this forum with your email address or you can post it, whichever works best for you!!

If you could email them to me at blinesales at comcast.net I would be very grateful! Thanks so much!!

That would be great, please email them to me at joecadd@comcast.net

Thank you so much for offering to do that.

Guest cadd4u

shortchef - I hate to ask but can you send them to me too? cadd4u@comcast.net I am thinking of September to the Bahamas on the Jewel. Did you do the spa pass? Does anyone know if you can book it online or do you have to be on board to book it?

No prob, just sent it to you ... enjoy it.

Yes, we did the spa pass and would do it again. I think you have to book it onboard but not positive on that. If you want to do it, book it on the day you board as it is a limited number. It sold out on the first day when we went last week.

Okay...I have an idea....can anyone who received one of the e-mailed copies maybe post it somehow. I understand the original person couldn't...believe me, I'd have no idea how to do it!!!:rolleyes:

BUT...maybe someone out there knows how???? If you received an e-mail, and are tech savvy...please post them. Thanks:)

Archived