Fun things to do with toddlers

kann52

Hi Everyone!

We are sailing with our 2 and 3 yr old sons. I saw in a post that a family took their children to the sports area inbetween dinner and shows and let them run and play. I thought this was a neat idea that never would have occurred to me. Just curious what other fun ship ideas everyone had. Also, We are going to Progreso and Cozumel. Any ideas on what would be fun for our port days??

Depending on which ship you are on some kids centers have open play time where you can take your Toddlers in and play with them in there. When DD was a toddler she loved going into the gift shop to look at the stuffed animals. She would sit in there and play with them! (No she didn't chew on them or anything like that.) She would just carry them around like babies. We asked the staff if it was ok and they said it was fine. At the end of the trip we bought her a stuffed octopus that she loved. :)

I'm not familiar with Progreso, but Cozumel has the Dolphin Discovery.... and kids under a certain height go FREE!

dolphindiscovery dot com

We've always booked independently of the cruise line because you get to save about 20% off the price the cruise charges, and most lines don't offer it to children under the age of 8.

When we had gone, the youngest in the group was 4... and although he didn't want to be in the water with us, he sat on the pier behind us and enjoyed the experience as well.

My dd really enjoyed running around on the dance floor during the daytime when nobody was in there. There were often other children in their too. The floor lights up, so the kids had a blast chasing the colors. The kids camp actually goes in there at times too and lets the kids run around (again this is before the nightclub opens for the night).

My kids love minigolf and the waterworks area. I think the ecstacy has been refurbished for the evolutions of fun. Children are suppose to be potty trained in the pools and waterworks area and that alone was enough motivation to make my 2 yr old be done with diapers. My kids also loved just walking around and people watching.

We sail in a couple of weeks with our 2 year old (he's 28 months). The last time he cruised he was 15 months, and he loved the beaches. We brought shovels and a pail and a little car to drive in the sand. He loved it. I'm hoping he'll like it again this year and be more interested in the water!

Last year he was just learning how to walk. We think it's pretty funny he learned to walk on a cruise ship! :) But any place that he could practice his walking was a hit - so the night clubs and such during the day were good.

We are going to Progresso for the 1st time next month..so let us know what you decided on doing there.

But in Cozumel..we usually do a beach excursion. Last time we did the Playa mia beach (I think is the name) where it was $70 per person, with children 3 and under free. And that included the bus ride to and from...open bar...pool...lunch..water sports. It was worth it!

When my DD was 2, she loved exploring the ship, the evening shows-she sat and watched the entire show she was mezmerized by the costumes and singing, watching the ice carving, playing with stickers and coloring, watching the portable dvd. We did the disco and lounges during the day. Also Carnival has their version of build a bear which is fun too. I believe its $30 but includes choice of bear, voice box to record message, 3 outfits, accessories, birth certificate and carnival t-shirt.

Also Carnival has their version of build a bear which is fun too. I believe its $30 but includes choice of bear, voice box to record message, 3 outfits, accessories, birth certificate and carnival t-shirt.

Yes! That is a fun thing to do....we will definitely do it again this time..but choose a different animal :D

Archived