When to book excursions

Vianky

We are going on the Valor in July.

We have 2 excursions that we have decided to book with the ship (Belize and roatan)

Cayman will be a privet company and Cozumel will be a taxi to the beach day.

The 2 that we want that are through Carnival one does not have the limit symbol on it in Belize Altun Ha Mayan site & River Wallace and the roatan one does show a limit for Gumbalimba Park.

When do you usually book your excursions?

I would prefer if I could to just wait to be on the ship to see if anything else comes up that might be cool or if we change our minds but I also want to have those options that we picked.

If we book now, could we change our minds and go with another excursion or would be locked into that one?

I usually book one excursion a month until I have them all booked. I like to have them paid off before the cruise. You can cancel an excursion, I have done it. I don't remember how far in advance you have to cancel though. I think it was at least 24 or 48 hours.

I also like to book the more popular excursions as soon as I can. It is very easy to book and cancel the excursions through Carnival's website.

You can book excursions on line once you have paid for your cruise in full. It helps in a couple of ways. If it is popular and has limited availability you are able to book it. Some times on the ship excursions get booked very fast. Paying before you go makes your sail and sign card bill lower last day of the cruise. You can get a lot of information about each excursion on the Carnival web site and can ask questions by phone with a Carnival vacation planner. If you have any questions after you get on board the excursion desk can help with anything. Just be careful when booking not through Carnival you would not want to be late getting back to the ship.

Archived