Fitting 4 in a Cabin w/o Using Upper Berths?

Rowan555

I'm having problems posting to this site today, so forgive me if this post is a repeat.

We'll be on the Sensation next week with our 3 and 5 year old kids - they are too young to use the upper berths (plus they often fall out of their own beds at home, so it's not a good idea to use them).

What are our options in terms of sleeping arrangements? Will they give us rollaways, or just put the upper berth mattresses on the floor?

I just want to be prepared, as this will probably irk the steward!

That's NOT gonna happen lol! It sounds like one logical way to do it, but I'm not sleeping on the upper berths after reading about how uncomfortable they are. I also get up several times a night to use the bathroom, and I would probably end up killing myself or falling on the kids!!!

I hope this all works out okay. We might just put one kid on the floor and one in bed with us if there's no other alternative.

The steward will make up a bed on the floor if you ask. Back when we had four kids on our first cruise together we wanted to all sleep on one room (had to book two). Dh and I slept on the lowers, two older boys on the uppers, and a crib for the baby. We made up a bed on the floor for our 2nd youngest (with the comforters and a blanket). The next night our steward had a mattress on the floor prepared for him and we didn't even have to ask. He even put the mints on the bed on the floor. :)

I'm having problems posting to this site today, so forgive me if this post is a repeat.

We'll be on the Sensation next week with our 3 and 5 year old kids - they are too young to use the upper berths (plus they often fall out of their own beds at home, so it's not a good idea to use them).

What are our options in terms of sleeping arrangements? Will they give us rollaways, or just put the upper berth mattresses on the floor?

I just want to be prepared, as this will probably irk the steward!

Purchase a self inflating air mattress and place it on the floor at night......

On the older ships like Sensation, the upper berths had a safety rail that could be put up like on a hospital bed. There were also elastic straps to strap yourself in, not sure if they still have those or not. It's been a while since I was in an upper berth on a Fantasy class ship.

Rowan555,

I read on another board that a couple with two toddlers had the beds pushed together to make a king and then the room stewart made a pallet with a mattress from the upper berth on the floor next to the bed. Apparently this worked out for them.

My DH and I have taken our son on two cruises. He was 4 and 5 at the time. He slept in the upper bunk both times. They do have safety rails and believe it or not the beds are not really that high. If by chance my son had fell out (he did not), he would have landed right on me. We were in an inside cabin on both trips so that might also make a difference. There are straps to hold you in the bed as well but we never used those. Our son is not a climber so I guess that's also a point to keep in consideration. I felt very safe having him sleep above me. Everyone is right though, a mattress on the floor is also a safe option. Good Luck, do what makes you feel comfortable and most of all, Have A Good Time!!!

That's NOT gonna happen lol! It sounds like one logical way to do it, but I'm not sleeping on the upper berths after reading about how uncomfortable they are. I also get up several times a night to use the bathroom, and I would probably end up killing myself or falling on the kids!!!

I hope this all works out okay. We might just put one kid on the floor and one in bed with us if there's no other alternative.

The Upper berths are the same Mattress as on the bed......they are not in the least uncomfortable....

x

I think a 5 year old would love to sleep in the upper berth.

Just like a bunk bed.

you know that when you put the 2 lower beds together they make a king size bed.

You can always have the 3 year old sleep with you.

Carnival does have cots also......

Archived