Rhapsody of the Seas

YANKEE97

when you're in key west, make sure you ride the little scooters around. they are so fun. and you can see more of the sites, faster. when i went in 2003, there was a dog & parrot near the ship...and the parrot would tell the dog which tricks to do. if you see them, take a minunte to watch. it's really cute. also, their key lime pies are great.

:p

in cozumel, when you take the little boat over to the land, go to your right and you'll see a little shack. they make awesome custom made t-shirts. but watch out, people like to to ask if you want to buy some marijuana. tell them NO and walk away quickly.

Yankee97, my husband and I are on the March 6 cruise also, and we're on deck 7. I started a roll call a while back, but hardly anyone has responded to it.

I just found out about this web page and registered for the m & m. Have you cruised with RCL before? This will be my first time on the Rhapsody.

This is also our first time on the Rhapsody. Although we live in Texas, we've never gone out of a Texas port. The only Royal Caribbean ship we've been on is Adventure of the Seas. We went on that a couple of summers ago.

Have booked our third cruise on for Christmas 2005, all have been on the Rhapsody. You will find out she is a beautiful ship and friendly. She is just the right size. We stay on deck 8, it is close to every thing, without having to take the elevators all the time. Deck 5 is a nice quiet deck to sit back and relax on. Our 16 yo son likes to go up and sit in the Viking Lounge during the day to relax and watch the going ons. He also enjoyed the climbing wall. They have something scheduled about every 30 ninutes, but we have found it not very pushing or not many loud announcements (except for Bingo) to join in the activities.

For the Ports I would recommend:

KEY WEST:(wear good walking shoes) go to the southern most point, stop by Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe and have a slice of frozen key lime pie dipped in chocholate. Walk down Duval and the other streets, just watch the people!

COZUMEL: Believe it or not, go play mini golf! wonderful course in downtown, just about 2-3 blocks from the main shopping strip. It was fun to play under the banana trees and have live iguanas as hazards. Parasailing is fun ( I can't remember the name of the place, but it is just to your left in a small red building after you leave the pier). We didn't care much for the Paraside beach but my family and I aren't into the "beach" thing that much.

CAYMAN: Of couse Stingray city. Try to book through Capt Marvin or Capt Bryan for a better deal and time. We used Capt Bryan Bucheneer and it was wonderful, only 30 people on a 50 foot cat while 2 snorkle stops before the Stringray city. Then shop or walk around. We were tired and sunburned (we used 35 sunscreen and still got burned so we headed back to the ship and spent time lounging around).

Whatever you do, just relax and have fun. Home, work, and reality will be waiting for you soon enough. So make some good memories to carry you till the next cruise.

:D We were on the Rhapsody for our first cruise in Oct. 2000 for our 25th anniversary and we just booked the same cabin #8057 for our 30th. What ever cabin you book you will enjoy. Have a great cruise, and GO EAGLES.

yankee97, welcome to CC.

You will love Rhapsody. We have sailed her twice and plan to go many more times.

As for Key West, as another poster said, wear good, comfortable walking shoes. There is a lot to do in Key West and most of it includes walking. If you want to people watch, go to Duval St and just wander. If you want history, take the Conch Train tour.

Don't know about GC. We went to Costa Maya since GC wasn't fully open yet.

Cozumel: If you want good food, go to Pancho's Backyard in Los Cinco Soles (a shopping place) for good margi's and food. It is at the end of the shopping district. Also a place for good Mexican Vanilla if you are into baking and cooking. If you want to go to the beach, go to Paradise Beach. It is free but you pay $5 and you get to use all the beach toys. It is a $6 cab fare from the pier.

Check out my webshots in my signature for some good pics.

Have fun on Rhapsody.

IMO the Rhapsody is a wonderful/beautiful ship. We are booked in April to do our 2nd cruise on the ROS. Although a vision class ship, we feel it is large enough to properly handle a full complement of passengers with room left to feel not over crowded. Although it does not have the Promonade, you will fast discover that the 7/8 story Atrium is absolutely stunning and the focal point of the ship. The use of glass on this ship is stunning and the center piece suspended from the top of the Atrium is beautiful. With a grand piano, waterfall, champange bar located on the main lower floor of the Atrium. On first glimpse of this classy Atrium it will almost take your breath away. Have a great cruise, we plan to!!!

Hello - I, too, just discovered this site - it's great. I am also going on the Feb. 6 cruise on Rhapsody. This is my fourth cruise with RCCI - all have been good, positive experiences. Our room is on deck 7, can't recall the room #. Is there a meet and greet set up, or have too few people responded? There are 2 of us going. 5 days and counting!

I visited Key West in May of 04 (Enchantment of the Seas) and enjoyed it the most of all the ports we visited. Cozumel is so-so. I plan to go to Paradise Beach this trip, as last time we just shopped and the sidewalks were very rough and uneven and I grew tired of the harassment by the shopkeepers, but that's part of the experience, I suppose. Grand Cayman is a good place to snorkel, and the shopping is very nice too - much more upscale than Cozumel. We didn't do the Sting Ray City snorkel trip, but booked a smaller one and enjoyed it a lot. There were just a few boats in the area where we snorkeled and we avoided the huge crowds at Sting Ray City.

I know you will have a wonderful time - this is my first time on Rhapsody and I'm looking forward to it.

It also looks like the Rhapsody will be in Grand Cayman on March 10. According to the schedule, this is the only date in March that the ship will be there. I hope this is true.

I saw this March 10 listing, but it was subsequently removed. Looks look like Rhapsody will not be visting Grand Cayman at all in March.

i went on your cruise back in 03 out of Galveston. I liked Key West and Grand Cayman (except for having to tender). Cozumel didn't impress me. We went on the "Playa del Sol" excursion--which is a private beach. It was FUN, and its an open bar, but wasnt worth the price to get in + Cab fare.

It was my first cruise--and my only to this point--and it was VERY nice, to me at least. The ship is small compared to others, but was GREAT for my first cruise.

Just off the rhapsody last week, the weather was cold and choppy the first few days but we still had lots of fun! Rent a car in Coz its less than $80 for the day and drive around the island! Stop at Senor Iguana great food, we had lunch for 4 (more than we could eat) 3 margaritas, 3 coronas and water for $40! Plus we laid on the beach for a while(no swimming) then finshed up around the island it was a great day! At Key west hit Hogsbreath it has a internet feed where you can call folks at home and they can see you Our college freshman daughter still hasnt gotten over seeing her parents on the internet at a bar in key west!!! we didnt get to go to GC but loved costa maya. The ship is beautiful, there should be a new cruise director as the other said he was leaving definetly no great loss! The shows were just ok but like i said we had a blast!

Hi...we have a thread for the Feb. 6 Rhapsody cruise...we would love for you to join us. We have 36 people signed up for the Meet and Mingle. You still have time to join. Click on the Meet and Mingle above on the right hand side of this page and follow directions. We also have an unofficial Meet and Mingle at the Schooner Bar at 3:00 on Sunday. This is the address to our thread. Click on it and join the party!!!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2915231#post2915231

I saw this March 10 listing, but it was subsequently removed. Looks look like Rhapsody will not be visting Grand Cayman at all in March.

We have sailed the Rhapsody twice now and love it:D . We are cruising on her again in October.

Just came back from a cruise show and spoke with a Cayman representative there. Unfortunately:( they only have one dock up at this time and are still limiting the number of ships that can tender there. I was told that they should be fully functional by September.

Last October, we redirected to Costa Maya, instead of G. Cayman. If you like beach/snorkling, this place is for you! My daughter and I loved it! We felt like we stepped into a Corona commercial. Husband was bored. Sitting on the beach was not his thing.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Booked on Rhapsody in April and it's so nice to read so many people cruise on her many times. Means we can look forward to an enjoyable experience.

Can anyone tell me if they have any theme nights?

Norma

yes they do have theme nights.

One is disco, one is 50's and one is western. I wouldn't take any special clothes, but we did take our boots and jeans since we are from Tx.

If you love to do crazy and zany things that you wouldn't normally do, this ship is the place to do it. (coming from the 2nd place belly flop winner) :D

Archived