Transfer from LA Hotel to San Pedro

barrydoll

Hi All,

We will have 4 nights scheduled in LA prior to our cruise departing San Pedro on 8th October.

At this stage we are planning not to hire a car in LA, so are wondering what options are available for getting from our hotel (which will probably be in Hollywood) to San Pedro.

I've heard mixed reviews about public transport in LA and certainly don't want to risk not getting to the port on time, but at the same time we don't want to spend a fortune on transfers if we can help it.

I did look into the shuttle options, but was not really sure how to book when I couldn't find our hotel name in the list of hotels!

Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance,

barrydoll :)

Hi All,

We will have 4 nights scheduled in LA prior to our cruise departing San Pedro on 8th October.

At this stage we are planning not to hire a car in LA, so are wondering what options are available for getting from our hotel (which will probably be in Hollywood) to San Pedro.

I've heard mixed reviews about public transport in LA and certainly don't want to risk not getting to the port on time, but at the same time we don't want to spend a fortune on transfers if we can help it.

I did look into the shuttle options, but was not really sure how to book when I couldn't find our hotel name in the list of hotels!

Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance,

barrydoll :)

First of all, forget about taking public transit to get from your hotel with your luggage to the port. Our so-called rapid transit system is basically for the locals, at least ones without a vehicle, to get from one place, like their home, to another, like work or school. Try bringing a suitcase onboard a crowded bus, and the riders won't be too happy with you.

What hotel are you talking about? Maybe it's next to another hotel that does have the shuttle service listed (and which shuttle service are you looking at?)

I would imagine with all the hotels in LA, the list on the shuttles' websites may be abbreviated. If so, you can always call their 800 number as several shuttles will pick up from any location in LA and take you to another location. Usually just the options listed on some websites may be just the airports and the ports and maybe a few other locations.

Thank you :)

The hotel we're thinking about booking is the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood Walk of Fame. I'm starting to wonder whether it goes under a different name because I can't find it on some hotel websites either!

Don't expect any hotel to provide you will "Transfer" service to San Pedro, especially if you are staying in the Hollywood area. Complimentary transfers went out with high button shoes and 29¢ a gallon gas!

If you are choosing the Holiday Inn on North Highland , there will be NO shuttle. You will have to arrange a pick-up at the hotel from a shuttle service such as Super Shuttle. You can reach them at 800-258-3286.

We are staying at the Hyatt Long Beach and boarding a cruise in San Pedro. From my estimate, it is 6 miles to the Port. I'm sure it will be must faster arranging a taxi, but how much fare should I expect to pay for that distance?

I just called yellow cab in Long Beach. They told me the fare from the Hyatt would be 21-23 dollars and would take about 12 minutes to get there.The number I called is 888-529-3556. And if you needed a van, the price wuld be the same.

Archived