Boarding on Inspiration

Haven't cruised in about 4 years and have forgotten... Leaving on the inspiration this Saturday from Tampa, FL and was wondering what is the earliest that we could board. We want to be on the ship as soon as we can and hopefully miss the massive lines. When would be a good time to arrive at the terminal?

Also, we have 2 cabins, a suite and an inside stateroom. This gives us 1 VIP access and 1 "regular" access. I am assuming that the people in the inside stateroom cannot go with us in the VIP line, so if we all wanted to board together, then we would all wait in the "regular" line, and not the VIP line. Is that correct.

Finally, our flight leaves at 1:30pm Thursday after the cruise returns. I have read that this is enough time from Tampa, FL. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.....

We were on Inspiration in October (last yer). Embarkation was great. We got there in the middle of the big 'rush' and were eating by 1:00. There were a lot of people who had already been on for about an hour and a half.

Coming back into port, we arrived a little early and happened to be on the first deck called to debark so we were putting our luggage in the trunk of the car at 8:01. It was unbelievable. They are very organized in Tampa.

As far as the VIP treatment, we haven't been that blessed .... yet! ; }

Have a great vacation !!!

Depends on how busy they are,,,but more often than not you'll have to split up to go through the line. One group in the VIP line, and the other in the regular line. Lots of times, when we've had to do that, if the ship isn't ready for boarding yet, and you (the VIP group) have to wait for the ship to clear, they'll let the others who went through the regular lines join your group, and board when you do. They usually open boarding up around 11 A.M.

Your flight upon return should be just fine. If you have any doubts, just let the pursers desk know what time you fly out, and they'll probably give you early disembarkation tags.

Have a GREAT cruise aboard "Legend". She's one of our favorite ships, and we've done her many, many times, and will again in September.

"SKY"

If you mention that the folks in the other cabin are part of your group it's very likely that you can all board together.

Just ask when you get to VIP check in...

Boarding times vary. Last time I was on the Inspiration I got on the ship at about 12:30 because there were three very large wedding parties and those folks board before everyone else.

Expect to be on board about noon...

:)

Thank you everyone for all of the info. The second stateroom will be on my sign and sail account so they can board with me. Sweeeet... Interesting "hidden" fact under Note. That is the perfect link. Thank you Mr. Walrus, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

VIP Check-In Program

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Final question, when can you actually start boarding the ship. I know it leaves at 4:00pm, but what is the earliest that they let people get on the ship? I want to maximize the time we have on the ship.

I need to cruise more often, I am starting to forget as it has been too long... :(

We sailed on the Inspiration, one inside-one suite and in our experience......

*we arrived @ 11:00 and were on by 11:30 with food and drink in hand (this includes checking bags downstairs, checking in, etc.)

*when my SIL (who was VIP) asked if we could board with them- despite the fact that it was semi-busy, they let us :)

* 1:30 flight? no problem..... we were off the ship quite early, maybe around 9ish, plenty of time!

Have fun!

Archived