Queen Victoria

cruise junky joan

It is was announce around Xmas that the delivery has been pushed back to end of 2007 due to some other priorities that Carnival set with the builders on some other ships they are building for them. Many were pleased as it suggested the QE2 would be about a bit longer at least into 2008...

It is was announce around Xmas that the delivery has been pushed back to end of 2007 due to some other priorities that Carnival set with the builders on some other ships they are building for them. Many were pleased as it suggested the QE2 would be about a bit longer at least into 2008...

If we're lucky she'll sink at her moorings and save the world from having one more hotel-barge masquerading as an ocean liner.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We were on QE2 at Christmas and when we were thinking of booking onboard for 2005 we were told QV would enter service Jan '08. QE2 will do the 2007 and 2008 world cruises and be pulled out of service sometime in 2009.

Also, designer of QV have gone back to the drawing broad to make her around 90,000 tons, double hull and have the bowlines of QE2 and QM2. This is all for crossing purposes. She will still have the superstructure of the Holland Amer Design. I also understand that her decor will be more in lines of the British stated elegance of QE2 and with take around 1300-1800 passengers

MK

Thank you everyone for all the info. on the upcoming QV. My husband and I loved the QM2 so much that we put down the deposit on the future QV sailing no matter when it may occur. Knowing that the sailing will be in 2008 just gives me more time to save for this trip. Keep the info. coming. Joan

Archived