Solstice Hump Cabin-Specifically 1122

Cruisenewbie85

Just booked a Solstice cruise in June. Can anyone out there shed any information on Stateroom 1122. I think I got a good deal. Booked through Travelocity and got all sorts of shipboard credit. First time cruise for the family and we're looking forward to it. Thanks for the info in advance.

C-Newbie

Just booked a Solstice cruise in June. Can anyone out there shed any information on Stateroom 1122. I think I got a good deal. Booked through Travelocity and got all sorts of shipboard credit. First time cruise for the family and we're looking forward to it. Thanks for the info in advance.

C-Newbie

That was our cabin on the January 17th cruise. We were extremely happy with it. The bed is closer to the bathroom; the balcony is suitably deep; the room is close to the elevators yet nicely quiet (unless Mom is screaming at her kids in the hallway). Deck 10, back side of the hump. If Lidia is your room steward, please tell her Gary and Karen said hello!

Jonas:

Will do and thanks for the information. So while we're chatting, tell me about the expanded room service menu, the breakfast on the balcony, the pillows, etc.

I went for the upgrade to concierge not really sold....but I decided to do it anyway.

Not quite sure what to tell you about the pillows, etc. Down pillows are on the bed by default; just ask the steward for another kind and she'll bring you one or two.

The "expanded" room service menu? I think it's the same for everyone. Perhaps you're referring to the "expanded" breakfast menu; but whether what you want is on the door hanger or not, just write it in. Breakfast on the balcony is excellent in 1122, as the hump shields the balcony from most of the wind.

By the way, the mini-bar fridge in 1122 is colder than you'll find in most staterooms. As soon as you meet your steward, ask her to empty the mini-bar, and voila! Instant fridge! (Not only that, but this way you ensure that you won't be billed for any missing contents.)

Gary

Archived