***Which would you prefer?*****

Which would be your 1st choice if $ was the same?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which would be your 1st choice if $ was the same?

• Cruise
    • Sandals Resort
    • Different All-Inclusive Resort
    • 5 Star Hotel

While I love cruising, I voted "other all-inclusive". There's something to be said for not having to rush around all day and not worrying about getting back to the ship on time. I just wish ships overnighted at more ports than they do. Going to fewer ports and spending more time at each would really give me a chance to relax. To me that's what cruising is all about.

I was curious to find out if people just preferred cruising because it's more economical or if it was the cruising itself. :)

It's not always more economical to cruise. My last trip to Mexico for 8 days all inclusive was about $800 less than what I'm paying for my cruise. It was also at a 5 star resort. My cruise is in a 4J one of those "Sky View" forward cabins. The initial pricing is always attractive for a cruise, but once you pay fare, taxes, gratuities, bottled water, soda, an alcoholic beverage or two, I'm noticing in my budget (I have a spread sheet because I carefully track my vacation $$) that I'm spending way more on my upcoming cruise than my last AI trip.

Hawaii is always the most expensive of my trips however.

My preference is to an all inclusive resort because I prefer to stay in one place for a long time than spend a little time in one place.

That said, I also seeing a lot of places and cruising is a great way to do that. I'm trying to do one cruise and one resort vacation per year. This year is a more expensive year because I'm doing a cruise and going to Hawaii.

I like having different experiences on vacation so cruising is nice, but often times, I like to rest on a beach for a couple of days.

I picked 'different all inclusive' because I'm a fan of the Moon Palace in Cancun. I think we spent $2000 for 5 days and it was truly inclusive down to the excursions. They had their own 'wet 'n wild', we had the place to ourselves and had a ball.

We can spend $2000 on a 7nt cruise for the four of us but everything is decidedly not included. I guess I should change my answer to 'if price really was the identical, I would choose a cruise'.

Did that include alcohol?? If so, that is a phenomenal price!

i love the moon palace cancun!!!! i've been twice for 2 weeks on both occasions. fantastic at christmas and new year. we (myself and bf with my family) are heading on 1st cruise so will be interesting to compare the cruise to all inclusive in palace resorts!!!

For our entire family it would be a cruise!!

For a gift for my grandsons Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do he choose a cruise.

His younger brother also test for the belt this Aug and he has already picked a cruise as well.

We are just a family of addicts!!!!!!

Archived