Emerald Princess, Baja Deck, Cabin 753

My husband and I are first-time cruisers and were upgraded to a guarantee cabin on the Baja Deck of the Emerald Princess, Cabin B753 (BB). Would like to hear from anyone who has ever stayed in this room. I do know it's situated on the aft of the boat. Thank you!

Many, many people just LOVE the aft but we had B-752 on the Emerald this past November and we did not like it.

The balcony itself was very roomy and the view was awesome.....BUT the smell made it impossible for us to use it. It smelled just like a landfill and the later in the week it got the worse the smell got. We think maybe we were near where they were stored the garbage, because that's what it smelled like.

We kept hoping during the week that maybe when the ship turned another direction or maybe when we were in port or maybe if the wind changed it would get better. Sadly it did not.....:o

We paid extra for this "primo" cabin and could not use the balcony at all. We were so disappointed that when we got home we changed the one we had booked for May on the Freedom of the Seas back to a regular balcony room.

I know this is not everyone's experience, but it was certainly ours....

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with this cabin. I just read your comments about the awful smell out loud to my husband, and actually don't know what to do, at this point, about whether to change the cabin or not, if it's possible. I know we are on a list for "automatic upgrade". I hope that other cruisers who have stayed in this room or one near it will reply. I'm very interested in reading if they had the same experience regarding the smell on the balcony. Thank you so much for your valuable information. Cruise critic is new to me also, so will be busy exploring the site in the next few weeks.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with this cabin. I just read your comments about the awful smell out loud to my husband, and actually don't know what to do, at this point, about whether to change the cabin or not, if it's possible. I know we are on a list for "automatic upgrade". I hope that other cruisers who have stayed in this room or one near it will reply. I'm very interested in reading if they had the same experience regarding the smell on the balcony. Thank you so much for your valuable information. Cruise critic is new to me also, so will be busy exploring the site in the next few weeks.

You also need to check over on the Princess boards to see if this is one of the balconies that has a beam running through the middle. Some of them do and it does definately take away from what you can see.

Somewhere on the Princess boards someone has a link to a picture of all the aft balconies & whether or not they have "the beam". It's certainly worth looking into before you make your decision

Thank you. I did check about the beam. There is one on the side of the balcony, and doesn't seem to interfere with the balcony all that much. One of the other rooms, I think it's B-751, had a beam right through the middle of the balcony. Also, did you feel much movement while you stayed in B753? I have heard that there is more movement at the front and back of a ship. Would appreciate a reply.

On this cruise the water was rough all week. There was a big front that came in and I think it followed us the whole time We felt a tremendous amount of movement, but then again I think the whole ship did.

I do want to give you a truthful answer but I honestly don't know if it was just weather related or the location of our cabin. I have been told that you do feel more movement on the very front and the very back of the ship.

All I know is that for me personally I won't be booking another aft. We just didn't have a good experience and I like being closer to mid ship.

That being said there are a TON of people on these boards that just love them. They are hard to get, which shows how popular they are. I wish I could help you more....

Archived