Piraeus - alternate excursion

ChiLuvs2Trav

A few years ago we did an excursion (with Celebrity) to the Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth. This was actually pretty good. It was about half a day or just over (4.5 to 5 hours, IIRC). After the coach drive (45 minutes to an hour) it started with a short cruise in open water near the entrance to the canal, then we voyaged along the canal and back. Then back to the coach for the short drive to the archeological site and the tour; I have a recollection that this included a visit to a museum connected to the site. Then at the end there was the drive back to Pireaus. I also think that at some point we stopped for refreshments & natural break at a cafe beside the canal, but at the point where the canal cut is at its deepest. There was a bridge across the canal at that point so we able to get pictures down into the canal.

All in all it was an enjoyable excursion. It was also extremely hot that day, over 100 degrees, and I think that those who went into central Athens to the Acropolis/Plaka etc had a very tough day.

Archived